Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 2 of 7<<123456>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: 6th Annual Fort McCoy _CoA_Redux, August 14-16 2015< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 11
Rekkon Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 29 2015,15:10  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Village?  What village?  They have a MOUT site and you declined it!?!

Presumably a MOUT site would be additional work though.  We have to sweep out the buildings we use when the MAA plays on Ripley's MOUT sites.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 12
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 12 2015,23:46 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Rekkon - Yes I figured having a MOUT site would complicate things.  Why ruin a good thing.

Dates 14 - 16 August 2015

Okay -  as you all know we are a little over a month from this event.  Time to start recruiting and letting me know if you are coming.  PM or post below please.  Cut off day is 6 August and then I will post the teams.  After that you will need to PM me why you should be allowed to attend since you can't commit.  WWII impressions of somewhat decent shape and WWII weapons only.  Rifles can be used non-period with burlap (VSR-10's/clones).  I do want the pictures to look good and this is not a themed event.  You will not participate if you cannot make some effort.  For those that do - expect a great event.

Use previous years posts to find the location as that information is all in past postings.

Directions -

First, Google Maps "Sparta, WI"

NE of Sparta you will see the La Crosse River State fishery area shown on the map and South of that is Ft. McCoy/Sparta Airport.

Look for Hwy 21 which is the main State Hwy that goes E/W in front of Ft. McCoy and find Ginger Road (you'll have to zoom down).

Going South on Ginger you will right away cross a set of railroad tracks and then look for the first gravel/dirt road on your right and turn in there.  That's B-13.  We'll be camped somewhere along that road or right off the road as you drive down it.  If you are interested and see Middle Ave (unimproved dirt path) then you know where B-13 is.  It is the area surrounded by all the other roads seen.

Getting to Sparta and Ginger Road I will leave to you people.

Rules

http://www.ostfrontairsoft.com/rules.shtml

Map

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B91KB5cEIgp0d3hzTUlXbXo0TlU/edit?pli=1

and

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Rekkon/SupplyService.gif

The event is for 18yoa and older and 16 to 18 if parent is present.  Releases are signed.  Donations accepted and returned to a Fort charity and to cover some expenses.  Camping is modern and period but will be segregated for pictures sake.  Bring plenty of food and water.  This is spartan conditions and all you'll have is what you bring.  Arrival after 3pm on Friday is fine at the field.  We'll play Saturday and Sunday morning.

Scenario design will be by individuals  (they know who) this year with members contributing and posting their ideas here so that each scenario will be detailed here in coming days.  Stay tuned.  I'll edit their ideas into this post to keep everything in one place.

Looking forward to a fun time and hope folks can make it.  Don't forget BIO-BB's only.  Come with a Bag/Jar identifying them as such so I know you have them.

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 13
ba64 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 13 2015,18:26 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The Ba-64 and Boris will be camping at B13 Fri. and Sat. nights.
 Post Number: 14
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 14 2015,15:55 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Do we have a full list of vehicles attending?
 Post Number: 15
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 14 2015,17:28 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Rekkon @ Jul. 14 2015,15:55)
Do we have a full list of vehicles attending?

As it stands there is Natasha and the halftrack.  Those are confirmed.

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 16
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 15 2015,13:28 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ersatzjack @ Jul. 12 2015,23:46)
Rekkon - Yes I figured having a MOUT site would complicate things.  Why ruin a good thing.

It would only ruin a good thing if we screwed it up, which would basically require making a mess of the site and not cleaning it afterwards.  If everyone chipped in, cleaning would only take an hour or two, and we usually have more down time than that Saturday.

Getting access to a military MOUT is a rare opportunity and would let u run scenarios not possible anywhere else (run it in winter and make a better Stalingrad).  If the chance to use it comes up again, I highly recommend taking it.
 Post Number: 17
ba64 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 15 2015,18:04 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

We have some wide trails, gravel roads and some space to drive around on B13. I would be willing to let truly interested armored car drivers have some behind the wheel time with Natasha. With a quick run down on where to kick her and when to pat her nicely, anyone could be a driver. If you have had a thought or two about taking on a military vehicle project for MOA, a test drive with Natasha might help you make up your mind.
 Post Number: 18
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 15 2015,23:57 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I advertised this on FB, WWIIAA, and the Minnesota Airsoft site.  The Wisconsin site won't let me though I have posted there before.  Can someone post a link back to this thread on the WI airsoft site who has posting ability there?  Or not.   :)

--------------

Post Number: 19
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 16 2015,11:13 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Posted to the WAA board.
 Post Number: 20
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 16 2015,14:33 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Rekkon @ Jul. 16 2015,11:13)
Posted to the WAA board.

Thanks!  That's a nice job. Vroom, vroom indeed!  :)

--------------

60 replies since May 05 2015,21:07 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 2 of 7<<123456>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply 6th Annual Fort McCoy _CoA_Redux
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code