Page 1 of 41234>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Website Updates< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Rekkon Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 29 2012,15:25  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It was indicated to me at the last event that we should update the aging text on our website, particularly the unit TO&Es.  I do not want to make these changes unilaterally, especially for the 198th, so feel free to propose new text and discuss it here.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 29 2012,21:20 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ryan - I sent my German revisions as word doc via regular email.  But anyone wanting to have a current portrait avatar added to the website main page should send a photo to Rekkon.  This way he can make the add.  I plan on updating mine.

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 3
Aldrich Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 01 2015,15:19 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I know that many here feel we should update our webpage, as it is becoming a little outdated.  One of my roommates knows, through his major, how to create and edit websites.  I was talking to him and he said he felt he would probably know how to make the changes we would want.  I could also have him show me how to make the changes as well so we could hopefully be able to make more in the future if needed.  Does anyone think this is worth a try?

--------------
 Post Number: 4
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 01 2015,23:07 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I am fine with it.  I imagine I would have to e-mail the server admin to make accounts for you.
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 02 2015,14:00 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well after being bored last night, the ex-design student in me decided to mess around with creating websites.  According to my roommate, he says that all that all that would be needed to transfer what I have created here in place of what we currently have, is to copy and paste the source code over what we currently have for the site.  Which would have to be done by whoever owns our website.  

Not sure how possible that would be, or who owns our website, but for the sake of fun, here is what I did so far:

http://bit.ly/1DB2IB3

(This link, according to the website builder I used, should lead to a preview of what I have done, it is far from finished.  If it doesn't work, let me know.)

Edit:  Just noticed the box containing the title is white, it should be black, I will try to fix it.

--------------
 Post Number: 6
andre Search for posts by this member.
Hero Of The Soviet Union

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 02 2015,14:26 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I just checked out the web site preview and approve of your design.  :)
Changing the title box to black will be a big improvement over white. :laugh:

--------------
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 02 2015,14:44 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks!  Also a heads up, I managed to fix the title box.  The link above should display the correct version.

--------------
 Post Number: 8
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 03 2015,13:02 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Tad/Udo still owns the site domain.  If we decide to go through with this, I can push the new design.  I can also provide you with the current source code if you wish.

Personally, I would prefer a different header font and a design that did not require horizontal scrolling.  The photo slideshow is nice, but it would be better with some buttons to manually cycle images.  Navigation buttons should be consistent (Axis/Allies or German/Soviet).
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 03 2015,23:43 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thank you everyone for the suggestions!  I have taken them into account an have changed the design considerably.  I included your changes Rekkon and tried my best to condense the site so it is scroll free.  Please, anyone, feel free to look over the revisions and let me know what you think.  Thanks!

--------------
 Post Number: 10
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 04 2015,13:33 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Looks better, but I am on my wider home monitor now (Firefox).  The events side bar does not display at all when I view it on my phone (Safari).

I want to do an editorial pass through the text too.  I must never have read some of it very closely.  Uncapitalized WW2?  Bleh.
37 replies since Feb. 29 2012,15:25 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 41234>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Website Updates
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code