Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Map Thread?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Iron Will Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 08 2013,11:59  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I was looking for either a hand-drawn map or a link to a Google map for  Troy's Neilsville field (to show my father, he likes maps and will be joining me and my cousins over there next month) and it got me thinking: maybe we should have a thread (even a sticky) where we could have links and images for the maps of the various fields we play at. I know I like to have a map for tactical planning and it would also give first-timers a general sense of the area they are playing in before they arrive.

--------------
In Soviet Russia, N00b pwns u.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Wilhelm Torgersen Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 08 2013,19:59 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You do have a point, I did a black and white picture of big lake and for blank fire events I mount a BIG poster of the field in the barn to strategize.

--------------
"All wars are civil because all men are brothers"
 Post Number: 3
ersatzjack2 Search for posts by this member.
Unteroffizier

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 08 2013,23:21 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That is a good idea.  I'm sure you young guys are more familiar and comfortable with the technology needed to post that information.  Follow up your idea with some action and post the battlefield maps.  If you're uncertain of the addresses, check with the field owners via pm and then run with it.  Good initiative Will! :)

--------------

"Lebenspraum for more airsoft" - Franz
"My other car is an Sd. Kfz. 250/1
 Post Number: 4
Rekkon Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 09 2013,11:57 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Here is the map I have for Big Lake.
 Post Number: 5
ba64 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 09 2013,17:24 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

There is a line drawn map of the Neillsville field at WW2AA forum under the 198th Rifle Division units topic.
 Post Number: 6
Terd Ferguson Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 09 2013,18:19 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

McCoy map

https://docs.google.com/file....sharing

--------------
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Educating the future.
 Post Number: 7
Terd Ferguson Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 09 2013,18:21 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Here's the Big Lake Tactical map that I made for Faust to use with the MAA's summer  ops.

https://docs.google.com/file....sharing

--------------
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Educating the future.
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 09 2013,19:10 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Troy, last night I made a high quality scan of a color map you had drawn up with grid marks for a previous event in Neilsville. May I post that to the map thread when I make it?

--------------
 Post Number: 9
ba64 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 10 2013,20:36 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yes, any older maps that you have of the Neillsville field will be fine to use. Props change but the trails, HQs and village should not change locations.
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 13 2013,10:09 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

two more questions. I'm making the map thread now, but I was wondering if we are still planning to continue the Stailngrad games at APOC (I seem to remember some discussion to this end, but I don't remember if a decision was reached or not). If so, I've got an edited version of the map for Freefall, cleared of any labels that ID it as such. But if we're not continuing the Stalingrad event, there's no point in me posting it, so if anyone knows for sure or not, let me know.

Second, is there any other info other than links to the maps themselves that I should post to the Map thread?

--------------
11 replies since Sep. 08 2013,11:59 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Map Thread?
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code