Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Russian Tunics.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Aldrich Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 14 2015,21:00  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I was making Russian tunics for rental kits and found them to be relatively easy to make.  For this reason I would be willing to make extras of these and sell them at events if there was an interest.  While I did try my best to replicate my reproduction m35 and original m43 Russian tunics, these tunics are not an exact copy and the fabric is a denim pants like material. For this reason I would sell them for $35.  These would be good for someone on a budget.  Color-wise I am at the mercy of my local fabric store but they will range from the lend lease olive drab, to khaki, to brown.  One size fits all at XL, which gives it the nice baggy Russian tunic look.  (I am a small to medium and it looks fine on me.)  I will do pockets or no pockets, but can't do working hidden pockets as that is past my skill level.  I could do fake hidden pockets with just the flaps though.

Example:  (Mind the incorrect buttons, I ran out of my extras for now)

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
ba64 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 15 2015,17:10 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Nice, they look better than the Goodwill conversions I was doing. Mine were a solid level 3 on our MOA uniform guide lines for the Russians. Put the correct buttons on and your tunics are a solid level 2. I have 40 +/- gold/brass looking Russian military buttons that can be painted for a subdued look. At one time Todd Meyer had a pattern for the piloka.
 Post Number: 3
Aldrich Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 15 2015,19:07 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks!  I will probably buy some of those buttons off you then.  I will be selling my tunics without insignia, but here are some examples of what they can look like:

m35 early war (1941-1943)

m35 transitional  (1943-1944)

m43 (1943-1945)

--------------
 Post Number: 4
ba64 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 11 2016,19:39 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

A reminder! We have sources for Soviet tunics by MOA members. Goodwill conversions by Boris for $10-15.00 and Matt's above pictured tunics. Contact us soon if you need anything Soviet for Ostwind.
3 replies since Jul. 14 2015,21:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Russian Tunics.
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code