Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 3123>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: 1941 Ford (G198TS) (Redux)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 25 2010,11:46  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think I have a sickness and there is no cure.

We've gone and done it again.  This is a 41 Ford that called out to us from North Dakota and was intended as a parts truck but then after getting it I have different ideas.  It's all there.  Just needs some TLC.  This is a dualie too but is shorter wheelbase than Bessie and will be handier.  I think this is more like the 1-1/2 Ton American Farm truck and right now we are thinking flatbed with a 20mm on back.  Lexan windshields and rear window and air conditioning.  Make the powerplant a hot-rod (somewhat) flathead and do a ground up restore.  But not before the halftrack is done.  This project is waiting in the wings though.  If anyone is interested in taking this off my hands I could be talked out of it.  Let me know.  :)

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
andre Search for posts by this member.
Hero Of The Soviet Union

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 29 2010,08:56 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ersatzjack @ Aug. 25 2010,11:46)
I think I have a sickness and there is no cure.

Why on earth would you want to cure your awesome sickness. :laugh:

--------------
 Post Number: 3
Rekkon Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 30 2010,07:14 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ha, imagine how cool it would have been if this project had been complete for Souvenirs.  We could have been "firing" back at the aircraft with 20mm's.
 Post Number: 4
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 29 2011,19:54 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I was sent wayyy out of my area and was driving some roads in Northern WI that I don't frequent ever and found a neat out-of-the-way junkyard where the owner hasn't sold his old stuff off for scrap.  I found a seat for this truck and some other odds and ends.  I also have all six wheels now.  They also have a 1940's Marmon-Herrington 4X4 military truck there if anyone wants to take a stab at that.  The Germans don't have 1-1/2 T 4X4 Fords, but if you wanted to go Brit.  :)

Don't plan to work on this one yet, but collecting vanishing parts at present.

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 5
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 15 2012,20:55 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Okay, this one is actively being restored as we speak.  It started the process a few weeks back and will be less hands on for me initially as there is major work on engine, and brake and other major systems going through rehaul.  But it is proceeding at a good pace.  I'll update when it starts to look like something.  I'm thinking a smallish first aid truck like we saw in the auction photos.  That would be nice to haul people and stuff at events.  :)

--------------

Post Number: 6
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 10 2013,17:20 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Update -

The engine is rebuilt and awaiting re-installation.  It is a 42-48 block with 49-53 rotating assemblies.  It will have solid state distributor and other upgrades and should last the life of my ownership.  100+ HP I am hoping for.

Here is the finished off back.  So ready to accept a hitch and looks pretty nice.  The frame has been cleaned and painted.

A nice view of the front.  Gus is doing great work.  A body off the frame restore.  The interior has all new sheet metal in the floor and other areas where cancer likes to strike on these. Very solid.

A good view of the corners (not yet painted and completely finished.  That can be done during paint.  Doors and fenders are getting professional repair with appropriate sheet metal patch panels.

More to follow.  :)

--------------

Post Number: 7
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 16 2013,15:43 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Update - It is alive.  Heard it running yesterday and it first ran again, on Thursday for the first time in ### years?  The header pipes are being eliminated in favor of a stock exhaust system (found a right side exhaust manifold - finally) and so I didn't get to hear it purring quietly but that will come.  The important thing is that it runs and oil pressure is right at 50-lbs.

Check out this before and after shot.

Here are some others.

I contributed the rebuilt dash and refurbished big truck steering wheel.  The dash shows no mileage and that's true.  You can take that to the bank.  PS-It reads KM/HR.  :)

--------------

Post Number: 8
ersatzjack2 Search for posts by this member.
Unteroffizier

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 17 2013,22:54 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Is that a heater in the interior cabin?  That will be nice.  Good update Mike. :)  Gus is doing very nice work.  Could be our best truck when it is finished.

--------------

"Lebenspraum for more airsoft" - Franz
"My other car is an Sd. Kfz. 250/1
 Post Number: 9
wellnitz Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 18 2013,11:34 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

She looks great, nice work on the engine. The dash and interior is beautiful, red and white numerals, dashes, and lettering look sharp! I also love the fact that she reads KM/HR. I think you guys are right, and she just might be the best of your truck collection when finished.
Keep us posted on the progress sir.

--------------
 Post Number: 10
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 24 2013,22:01 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I have truck #3 in my possession again.  I have to do three things.  Build the bed, add details, paint it and it will be done.  Oh four things if you count naming it.  :)

I'm thinking a smallish troop truck now.  Steve and I liked the rain cover provided this past weekend by Bessie at Trimborn Farms and have decided a canvas top is a nice feature so it will have that I think.  It will certainly be smaller though then Bessie.

Here are the update photos.  I drove it and it runs really nice and steers even nicer.  Nice and tight like a sports car.

Note that the fuel tank is the Jerry can.  This way it stays fresh and we can store it easier.  It should be enough if we make sure it starts pretty full for events.

This one has emergency brake and heater upgrades.  I'll be adding a modern temp gauge as the dash gauge doesn't want to work.

Nice looking engine compartment.  makes you want to drive around with the hood up.

She'll tow anything we can find to tow.

I'll be trying to keep it sized to fit in a moderately sized attached garage.  That would be a way to make it more attractive in future years to another buyer.  Like when I'm in a nursing home.  :p

--------------

27 replies since Aug. 25 2010,11:46 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 3123>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply 1941 Ford (G198TS) (Redux)
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code