Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 2212345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Sd.Kfz. 250/1< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 23 2008,18:05  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Recently I heard from our friend Will Foster.  Some of you might be wondering what "ole Will" is up to.  Well, he hasn't been idle.

Will - "Hi Mike, how is everything going?"
         The 250 build is going great.  The engine and the entire power train are done.  The front chassis is done and we are building the rear frame and tracks after the holidays.  We are under budget and the project is going smooth to include the rear frame, axles, road wheels and tracks, which like the rest, should be dead on to the original.  We are planning to make cast iron track links. And cast aluminium wheels.  This way they can look exactly like the real ones.  We are going on our 3 month school term soon but working part time the driving chassis should be finished by the spring.  The body and all the finishing details we could build in the spring.  This way it could be done by June.  It can be battle tested and proven, then delivered by fall.  The engine is a high torque, custom built, gasoline, carburated 350 small block v8, it sounds great and starts right up even in the current blizzards and bitter cold.  I am looking for front tires that fit the part too. Check out our video, the youtube link is below.  Merry Christmas, Will

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b47yKUpjeo

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Udo_Schaaf Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 23 2008,19:36 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Is this project still alive?  Is he building it for you?
 Post Number: 3
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 23 2008,19:48 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Alive and well.  I have faith in him.   :cool:

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 4
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 24 2008,10:10 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The number of projects you're funding blows my mind.  Have you thought about having an ongoing airsoft blog to talk about your various projects?  I can set it up for you.
 Post Number: 5
ba64 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 24 2008,10:42 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The SdKfz 250 will be a show stopper at airsoft events and blank-fire events. Not to give you any ideas that would get me into trouble with the rest of our members...but I would be willing to rent a crew slot for certain events or donate use of my trailer to get it to a WW 2 event. No one rides for free!
 Post Number: 6
Oberst Von Luger AKA SirVeilance Search for posts by this member.
Sir Veilance

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 24 2008,11:21 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Amazing EJ!! Another cool project!!

Let's see... A Kubelwagen(2-4 soldats), A troop truck (2 guys in front and 8 in the back), and Sdkfz 222 (2 crewman) and the Sdkfz 250 (thats another 6 grenadiers)!!

You need about 25 soldats!!

Dibs on "shotgun" in the troop truck :;):

You're next job should be to make some recruiting posters to get enough people to man your column :D

Something like.....

--------------
 Post Number: 7
neoptolemus Search for posts by this member.
Obergrenadier

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 24 2008,14:14 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Unbelievable!

This is really exciting!

--------------
 Post Number: 8
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 24 2008,14:47 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That is a great poster.  Funny.  I know it seems like I've lost it with the number of projects but really, it is an investment for me.  I don't think I am gonna loose much if anything.  I'm actually hoping that down the road, I'll make some money whenever I sell an item off.  But right now, Steve and I feel we can handle the fleet.  What others can do is work on their impressions and attend events.  Sir V is right.  We need new bodies for the coming year.  I'll probably post some more recruiting signs at military installations I visit in 2009 and if everyone tries to bring on just one new member we could double our size.  When some of the vehicle projects finish up we'll have an extra selling point.  Plus right now I have my sights set on some blank fire folks who would add to the unit.  My plans are to definitely do a column movie at some point.  That would be cool.

Udo -  Blog?  what is that?  I do enough typing already.  Thanks for the offer but I'm content with the present structure if you are.   :)

Troy I'd be glad to work something out with you when some of these projects come to completion.

Merry Christmas everyone!

--------------

Post Number: 9
Shady Cadence Search for posts by this member.
Grenadier

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 24 2008,22:34 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I am foregoing my driver's qualification patch for the mechanic's, since we obviously require one at this point! :laugh:
Someone else can get the driver's patch.
Mike, you continue to amaze us.  Thank you.
I believe such dedication and generosity merits a promotion of some type.  Kameraden?

--------------
 Post Number: 10
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 25 2008,10:35 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Mike is definitely going to be our first officer in the not so distant future.
215 replies since Dec. 23 2008,18:05 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 2212345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Sd.Kfz. 250/1
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code