Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Event Promotion< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Aldrich Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 09 2016,18:08  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Given the cancellation of the last event due to low RSVP's, we should figure out where we are with this event.  We should also consider if we want to promote this event, along with how we would go about doing so.

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
ba64 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 16 2016,18:12 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

We have listed some of our events on the WW2AA site, but I don't know how many players we picked up from that site. In the last 7-8 years I know I've had at least 2 new members joint MOA after contacting me from WW2AA. We also tried the Wi. Airsoft Convention and the Mn. Airsoft Convention as recruiting events. Apoc events have brought in a few WW2 players, but not many seem willing to travel north. One of our problems seems to be keeping players long term.
 Post Number: 3
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 17 2016,01:15 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well I'm going to try again later in August at the Black River Falls location.  It will be warmer, the host will be there, and hopefully we can have two armored cars duking it out which should raise interest somewhat.  But I really feel that you can't expect folks to stay with this forever as tastes change and without new blood we don't survive.  Working against that is I feel the economy, and a certain feeling of malaise gripping people.  I hope it changes.  Maybe these emoticons will help.   :D     :cool:   :)   :p

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 17 2016,14:12 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I agree.  I find that the one thing all the long timers have in common is that we all have a dedicated interest in WWII that keeps us hooked.  However, that is another topic on its own.  My intention with this post was to get a consensus on whether or not we wanted to promote this specific event on other forums/to other groups, or if we want to keep this initial event small and "within the family," so to speak, as it is our first run of it.  I took some initiative and did some personal invites which has garnered some interest for the German team.  But I have not advertised our event on any other forums other than the one here.

--------------
 Post Number: 5
ersatzjack2 Search for posts by this member.
Unteroffizier

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 18 2016,11:38 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

We'll be doing some reenacting before August and hopefully the two armored car appearance will allow for some additional first time blank fire guys (at least on the German team).  I'm ok with small as long as we can get 12-15 players.  Less than that would make vehicle and infantry support somewhat difficult.

--------------

"Lebenspraum for more airsoft" - Franz
"My other car is an Sd. Kfz. 250/1
 Post Number: 6
ba64 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 18 2016,19:49 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm OK with Ostwind being promoted on other sites. I do want to keep the uniform and weapons standards high, WW2 only and details like period wrapped rations VS cans of soda and bags of corn ships for lunch.

Ostwind will be more of a field craft/MILSIM event then a come as you are BB slinging event.

I now have 400 yards of comm wire on a US metal reel and 2 more field phones to clean up and test. Each side will have a pair of phones and 100 yards of comm wire for the OP.

My PPsh-40 came in the mail today from EVIKE so now I have a true Russian airsoft weapon and a springer 1903A3 rifle for my US Army kit...no more captured weapons for me!
 Post Number: 7
Rekkon Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 19 2016,21:31 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It *was* amusing when I had more PPShs than the entire Russian team.
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 21 2016,22:20 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

In the name of event promotion, I have created a facebook group.  Hopefully it will get some visibility.  If you are not already a member of the group, please consider joining and please also consider posting any updates or anything that may garner interest in this event  (ex:  Hey guys, just picked up field radios for this event!)  to the group page.  

Link:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/101316770268104/

--------------
 Post Number: 9
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 24 2016,00:50 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Congrats on the new weapon purchase Boris.  Even if it is more firepower, I am happy that it is a non-M14 rifle.  I have a pair of phones too (no wire) if that is needed.  I've never used them but I could dust them off.

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 10
Rekkon Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 29 2016,19:25 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I am sure Troy and I will be talking about this during the drive to Swift Fox Thursday.
16 replies since Mar. 09 2016,18:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Event Promotion
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code