Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Ostwind 2017< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Aldrich Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2016,10:49  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

With the end of the year approaching, what are our thoughts on having an Ostwind event for 2017?  

I would be very open to the idea.  I like the theme, and the location is superb.  I think we were able to get some good scouting down this past spring that opened up many possibilities.  I would also be open to having a regular event on the land as well.  It is a great field.

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Fritz Moos Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 05 2016,07:12 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sounds great!
It would be great kickoff for MOA 2017!

mooslanherkopf

--------------

there is room for all of God's creatures ... right next to the mashed potatoes
 Post Number: 3
ba64 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 09 2016,19:32 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The shelter area we had lunch in last time is gone! The building was struck by lighting and burnt to the ground taking with it the flush toilets and running water. I do not know if the county has plans to rebuilt or not. The parking lot and land is still there to use. To hold a truly great Ostwind event, we will need at least 16 people, 20 total would be even better to do all of the training and field activities. 10 people total will not be enough to have 2 squads per side and will end up being airsoft with period camping.
 Post Number: 4
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 09 2016,22:54 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It won't be such a grand undertaking as Ostwind but I will see if in spring 2017, we can get access to those acres I spoke about last year near Black River Falls.  It's time for some kind of event.  I'll keep you all posted.

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 5
Hunter Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 11 2016,22:42 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Is ostwind your MILSIM style multi-day event?
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2016,16:34 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yes, Ostwind is our multi day WW2 Russian Front event that is based on the Eastwind Cold War event system.
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2016,19:03 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

How many days is it, and where will the location most likely be? Trying to see if maybe my group could make it..
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2016,15:52 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The Topic Title / Info for Ostwind is all listed below Ostwind 2017.  Event Promotion has the location from last year. Q & A, Climate Data, Required Gear, What to Expect and Research Info. We do not plan to re-invent the wheel. The only thing that will change is the date, number of people who attend and we are going to try and get a waiver for limited period truck use. We would like to see this run a lot like Eastwind was but with WW 2 squad tactics, training and field activities. If the Russian and German numbers are low, we my invite the Americans and do a East meets West theme.
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2016,23:45 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sounds good. Ive been in contact with Matt and I met you Troy at Rockford. Me and my WW2 airsoft group are looking to start something very similar to this in the Kansas Area, and would love to try and come to your Ostwind event. I saw the date last time was May 13-15. Most of us go the University of Kansas and that would be our finals week. Is there any chance you'll host it this time perhaps a week later?
Thanks, Hunter
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 16 2016,18:28 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

2017 is already filling up with events. The 3rd and 4th weekends in May are booked. I could move it to the 1st weekend of May or push it back to the 1st weekend of June. How many do you think would be willing to drive up? Do all of you do just German? If Ostwind was a 72 hour field event rather than a 48 hour, would it be more worth the trip?
I really need 16 players to have 2 squads on each side. The 2 squad leaders on each side would also be the command staff/training NCOs. 20 people would flesh out the sides nicely.
10 replies since Nov. 02 2016,10:49 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Ostwind 2017
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code