Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Learning the lingo< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 03 2014,18:45  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

On the WW2AA site a fellow who goes by Relish posted some great suggested sites to improve language skills for Germans.  I am re-posting his comments here so that those that have the notion of doing this have access to those suggestions.  I for one, plan to work on improving my own German speaking skills because in public events it really adds to the overall immersion.  I'm posting in our tactics section because it would be a good tactic to speak German.  I know that's a stretch.  :)  I am thinking there would also be some good ways to increase Russian commands but that's not my area of expertise.

Relish - I study the language in college :). If you cats want some good ways to practice, and don't want to shell out the bucks at college or on Rosetta Stone, www.duolingo.com is a GREAT free way to practice. You can access it from full-body mac's and PCs, but if you hit up Google Play or the AppStore, there is also a free app for it. It puts things into a game where it teaches you vocab, then challenges you to correctly use it in Sätze or übersetzen it into English. From English, you can also use it to learn Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, and French. It's a pretty handy tool and a great vocab builder.

ETA: You can also follow MANY channels on youtube from young Germans teaching things about both the language and the culture. The two biggest ones I know are Get Germanized and Deutsch für euch.

Hope that helps all you Jungs that are learning die Sprache des Vaterlands!

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Fritz Moos Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 03 2014,23:08 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

http://www.panzergrenadier.net/article-wehrmacht-drill-orders.php

Many handy German commands can be found above, including the always useful, "Handgranate Vergessen" (excuse me I think you forgot your grenade)
???
With respect,

Fritz

--------------

there is room for all of God's creatures ... right next to the mashed potatoes
 Post Number: 3
Rekkon Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 04 2014,07:28 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2fE95czHJ8
2 replies since Jun. 03 2014,18:45 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Learning the lingo
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code