Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Big Lake Discussion< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Aldrich Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 28 2015,10:23  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

With Big Lake now becoming an established Airsoft field, I think it would be useful to open up discussion on how we are going to use this field in the future.  Especially now that we have to compete with the regular airsofters for time and space.
In my personal opinion, I think Big Lake is one of the best fields we have.  It has the trenches, large space, and the constantly growing WWII village.  Despite this, I also find Big Lake events have been some of the least attended events that we run.  I would love to see us use this field more, but I believe that to do so we are going to have to change our approach.  What exactly we should do I am not sure.  Here are some suggestions I have seen mentioned in the past:

A:  Organize Big Lake events at the same time as the standard airsoft events.  Reserve separate areas of the field for our own personal use.

Pros:  Choose what areas we want to play in.  Great publicity/recruiting opportunity.  Especially if we bring mortars, vehicles, etc.
Cons:  Cannot use the whole field.  Not as immersive.  Presence of non WWII airsofters.

B: Organize Big Lake events on "off days".  (Sunday, winter, etc.)

Pros:  Can use the whole field.  Immersive WWII.
Cons:  Makes it harder for people to travel.  Past attendance has been light.

C:  Organize with Big Lake to have a "Stalingrad-esque" WWII themed event that mixes WWII and modern players.

Pros:  Can use the whole field.  Great publicity/recruiting.  High turnout.
Cons:  Not immersive.

Suggestions / thoughts?

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Rekkon Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 28 2015,13:51 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Big Lake is a great field, but it loses in the time and money columns.  Most of our player base is weighted on the Wisconsin end, so they see a longer drive on top of the $20 field fee.  Troy spoils them.  :p

I am actually wondering if we have to mostly write off Big Lake as a field.  I see little point to sharing the field since we then get all the hassle of a large open session and none of the benefit.  Using the whole field was one of locations unique factors.  If we are unwilling to share and unable to play when Travis is not there, I do not think there are any weekend days left in the schedule during the warmer months.  With the school, he will probably be spending his free time running games there in the winter.
 Post Number: 3
Aldrich Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 28 2015,17:19 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Rekkon @ Apr. 28 2015,13:51)
I am actually wondering if we have to mostly write off Big Lake as a field.

Yeah, as terrible as it sounds, until we can get a big enough dedicated player base, I am wondering the same thing.

--------------
2 replies since Apr. 28 2015,10:23 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Big Lake Discussion
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code