Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Red Snow: Europe 1944, Milsim at Big Lake Tactical< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Aldrich Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 22 2015,12:41  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Since our December event at Big Lake is one of our smallest events, would anyone be willing, for this year, to open it up to the public as a "Stalingrad"-esque milsim event?  The goal would be to see if we could draw any interest from the Minnesota/Twin Cities airsofters.  Best case scenario we get some extra people, worst case no one outside us shows and we have the usual event.

Possible event layout proposal:

Setting:  Welcome to the Eastern Front!  It has been two years since Stalingrad, but the war is far from over!  German forces have been reeling from massive offensives led by the red army.  Little do they know, another is soon on the way.  As German soldiers struggle to reform their lines, Russian scouts are busy at work, finding the next route to Berlin.

Uniforms/Admissions:
Uniforms for this event are set to create a different and immersive experience.  As such, certain modern items are not allowed at this event.  Uniforms for this event will be divided up into three tiers.  The tier one falls into will effect the admission price.  The main uniform for this event will be overwhite snow camouflage.  These are thin white suits meant to be worn over winter clothing.  These can be found online for as little as 15 dollars.  Snow camo must be solid white  (ex:  no winter woodland patterns).  No chest rigs, plate carriers, or modern helmets are allowed.  Ammunition/magazines must be carried on a belt-based rig.  Non-WWII surplus uniforms (ex: cold war era) do not count as authentic WWII uniforms.  The uniform tiers go as follows:

Tier 1:  Admission:  $10
Authentic WWII uniform and weapon or an authentic uniform with a plain spring gun (no scope or attachments).

Tier 2:  Admission:  $20
Authentic WWII uniform with modern AEG (no scopes or attachments).  Overwhites with plain spring gun (no scope or attachments).  

Tier 3:  Admission:  $30
Overwhites with a plain modern AEG (no scope or attachments).  

This is all I have for now.  Thoughts?

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Rekkon Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 22 2015,13:29 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I was leaning toward not running Stalingrad this coming year.  I suppose I could consider running something like it at Big Lake instead.

Not the same without pea grenade spam though...
 Post Number: 3
andre Search for posts by this member.
Hero Of The Soviet Union

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 22 2015,18:40 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I would definitely support this plan.

I'd bet Travis would be open to allowing pea grenades.
If for no other reason then to traumatize all the kids with AEGs.  :laugh:

--------------
 Post Number: 4
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 23 2015,08:27 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Travis is not the issue; Minnesota law is.
 Post Number: 5
andre Search for posts by this member.
Hero Of The Soviet Union

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 23 2015,16:01 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Why so serious? :p  :D

--------------
 Post Number: 6
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 24 2015,09:19 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Still waiting for one of those airport explosive residue pads to get tripped by all my grenade usage.
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 21 2015,18:19 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Over the past few weeks I have been giving this event some thought.  After talking briefly to Travis, I can see two possible routes for this event.  We could either:

A)  We could host this on a day when the field is still open.  The benefit to this is we can draw upon the crowd that typically plays on those days.  However, we would have to design the event so that it is lucrative for both the field, and us.  Talking to Travis, if he had to choose between a themed event, or a non themed one, he would go with whatever would draw more people.  I would say this overlaps with our goal since the whole point in relaxing restrictions is to draw in and advertise to as many potential players as possible.  One possible route, if we wanted to host it on a day when the field is open, would be to allow modern camo.  Allies would get the "tan" ones, Axis the "green" ones.  These players would go under the third tier.  While not optimal, it may draw in more people.

B)  We host it when the field is closed.  This is what we have normally done.  One thing to consider is that on these days Travis runs events at his school house, so we would be in competition with that to draw players in.  One benefit to this is that the people who do show would likely do so because they have an interest in the theme.  Worst case scenario no extra players are drawn in and we just have the normal event as per usual.

C)  I will throw this one in here as a separate option. This would be that we just host a private event with the usual uniform restrictions at either Big Lake, or another field.  The benefit to this is that we have not had an event in awhile and this would get our "winter fix" in.  If we as a group feel that we would rather not have a Stalingrad-esque low restriction event, that is another good option.

Thoughts?

--------------
 Post Number: 8
ba64 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2015,22:14 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I like idea (A). A larger turn out to a themed event with MOA members looking the part of WW 2 soldiers. If we could bring a couple vehicles that would also help. We could bring some loaner gear and info flyers for those that show some interest.
 Post Number: 9
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 23 2015,12:40 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I like B or C.

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 23 2015,16:05 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Here is a list that Travis posted on the dates of all his games at the old school house.  I would presume that on these days, the field would not be in use:

Old School game Schedule Big Lake
Oct 25th Sun
Nov 8th Sun
Nov 14th Sat
Nov 22nd Sun
Nov 29th Sun
Dec 5-6 depends upon weather
Dec 13th Sun
Dec 19th Sat
Dec 20th Sun
Dec 26th Sat
Dec 27th Sun
Jan 2nd Sat
Jan 3rd Sun
Jan 9th
Jan 10th
other games added later

--------------
16 replies since Sep. 22 2015,12:41 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Red Snow: Europe 1944
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code