Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: New to airsoft reinactment, Advice and or help< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Kurt Brehm Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 16 2016,09:08  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good morning gentlemen. I need a little help here getting started. First my name is Kurt Brem. I recently got into ww2 German reenactment. áI'm looking possibly into airsoft as a way to bond with my boys. I have 3 teen and preteen boys.
I have suited them up with uniforms and such already but due to the fact I have never even seen an event any help would be great.
I have talked to Michael Alexander of the 3rd Panzer Grenadiers and have been invited to join as guest on events.  I'm not sure where to look for the dates of these and so on. Also I need to purchase airsoft guns.  Are those on the booms arms the ones to get?. Like I said any help is appreciated.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Aldrich Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 16 2016,17:57 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey Kurt!  Welcome.  Event information will be posted here on the forum and will be updated on the main page as well.  Currently the next event is the Ostwind event coming up next month near Neilsville, WI.  You can find the details on the event in the Ostwind section on the forum.  As for the airsoft guns, there are a variety of guns available on different websites.  I have been out of the market for awhile ever since I went with a spring rifle, so I cannot speak for the best places to buy guns.  I know airsoft GI and and Evike are popular places to go.  However, others on here will be able to give better insight into that specific area.

--------------
 Post Number: 3
ersatzjack2 Search for posts by this member.
Unteroffizier

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 17 2016,22:11 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Welcome to the airsoft end of things Kurt.  My brother Mike told me that he spoke with you.  Good to hear you're accumulating kit and I would add that you don't need everything at once.  Our boards spell out what is absolutely necessary and what can be picked up along the way.  Since you're going to be reenacting you'll have plenty of opportunity to upgrade your items and learn what is a good deal and what isn't once you spend some time with unit members.  As for airsoft weapons, a good spring rifle is the most reliable as it allows play throughout the year.  Others will have to opine on their favorite aeg's etc.  The market is still producing sub-par WW2 guns in my opinion but there are options.  Once again welcome and read through these threads and the ones on our reenacting website (google 53rd aufklarungs abteilung) and that should get you there.

--------------

"Lebenspraum for more airsoft" - Franz
"My other car is an Sd. Kfz. 250/1
 Post Number: 4
Rekkon Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 18 2016,13:38 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The retailer I use more frequently is Airsoft GI.  I have also used Airsoft Atlanta and Hot Spot Airsoft without issue, though it has been a while since I last did business with either.  A lot of people use Evike; others have mixed feelings.  I have ordered from them infrequently and never had a problem.

For budget/entry-level guns, most of your options are SMGs.

MP40:  Plenty of AGM ones are still floating around, though it might be trickier to find magazines these days.  Their build quality and performance is nothing special, but they have been effective and reliable.
Thompson:  CYMA is the common pick, though I think Snow Wolf might have put out one now as well.  Finding magazines should not be a problem.
PPSh:  S&T and Snow Wolf both have inexpensive versions that have performed well for us.  They run a little more than an MP40 or Thompson however.
Sten:  AGM again.  Battery space is limited, and they use the same magazines as MP40.

On the non-period side, something like a black/brown JG Bar-10 with rails and accessories removed is about the cheapest, minimally effective weapon you can find.  Using a stock bolt action rifle like that will leave you significantly outgunned by AEGs (and the group's upgraded rifles) though, and I do not think the money saved over a budge AEG is worth it (though you might think otherwise after getting batteries/magazines/etc. for an AEG).
 Post Number: 5
Kurt Brehm Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 22 2016,12:00 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks for info. I'll try to assemble enough weapons for all my family . Probably looking toward fall. I look forward to meeting everyone and enjoying another aspect of reenactment. ..thanks to all for advice.
4 replies since Apr. 16 2016,09:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply New to airsoft reinactment
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code