[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: G&G MG-42< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Rekkon Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 29 2015,08:27  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

We have know this was coming for a while, but this arrived in my inbox this morning.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 29 2015,13:50 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The advertisement should have a German soldier pictured.  It looks weird with the guy pictured.  But can't wait to go through a couple of thousand rounds once you get it Ryan.

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 3
andre Search for posts by this member.
Hero Of The Soviet Union

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 29 2015,16:40 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That pic in the advertisement is a photoshopped mess.

When does it look like it'll be shipped to you?

--------------
 Post Number: 4
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 29 2015,21:32 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Stores have to have it before I can order it.  Unless I want an Evike preorder for something around forever.
 Post Number: 5
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 29 2015,13:29 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

RWA sneak peak video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkqk63Ts758
 Post Number: 6
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 29 2015,21:16 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That looks like a nice piece.  Only slight modifications to bb feed mechanism (to quiet it when only you want it working) and you'd be happy.  I really like the removable barrels but when would you really do that?  It's just a cool feature.  Looks like a quality build.  The best part is it is steel in all the right places.

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 7
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 27 2019,19:38 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

So I finally got one of these and got out for some test shooting today.

Mine is shooting 350ish FPS with .25s at 20-24 rounds/sec with the stock battery.  Ideally I would like it to be shooting a little harder, but it is fine and well within most field limits. I am half tempted to get an extra barrel assembly and actually wear it in a barrel carrier, but I am guessing that would exceed what I am willing to spend on something "for the heck of it."  Overall very pleased and looking forward to fielding this thing (I may run support gunner for at least one phase in May's Giant Airsoft Game at TCA).  I have been waiting over a decade for an airsoft MG-42 with performance I deemed acceptable.  Heavy frakker though, and I cannot fit a reproduction sling to it out of the box. Seems G&G put a slightly too thick roll pin in the pistol grip.

There are plenty of photos and video reviews out there, so I am not going to rehash that stuff.  Let me know if there if you have any questions about it.

On a related note, anyone know how to adjust an MG-42 sight for windage?
6 replies since Jul. 29 2015,08:27 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply G&G MG-42
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code