Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 2 of 7<<123456>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: MP40 Upgrades, Helpful tips for upgrading MP40s< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 11
neoptolemus Search for posts by this member.
Obergrenadier

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 29 2008,15:07  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2353

This is a battery I would highly recommend.  They also make a 1400mah one (which would last longer), but it looks like it's out of stock.

Just keep in mind that Intellect are the best cells and will be worth the investment.

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 12
admin Search for posts by this member.

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 29 2008,15:26 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Those are the batteries I use for my MP40 and they work very well.  Like Neo, I'd highly recommend them.
 Post Number: 13
wellnitz Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 29 2008,16:27 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Right on! I just looked them up on line from the link,thank you.
For 22.00 that is not bad, very cool. I order a couple for sure.
Thanks again

--------------
 Post Number: 14
Panzerknacker43 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 28 2008,13:02 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(neoptolemus @ Feb. 29 2008,15:07)
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2353

This is a battery I would highly recommend.  They also make a 1400mah one (which would last longer), but it looks like it's out of stock.

Just keep in mind that Intellect are the best cells and will be worth the investment.

I just ordered one of these batteries, what kind of charges should I use?  Will the charger that comes with the MP 40 wreck it, or will it work?  Thanks for any help.

Tom

--------------
 Post Number: 15
neoptolemus Search for posts by this member.
Obergrenadier

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 28 2008,13:57 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The charger that comes with the MP-40 (assuming it works with Western outlets) is what is termed a "slow" charger.

It is actually "healthier" for batteries to be slow charged as it improves their longevity, but there are some problems with using the included charger.

1) It's slow.  

2) Most slow chargers don't have a discharger.

With NiCad batteries it's necessary to discharge the battery before recharging it; failure to do so diminishes the battery's life over time.

NiCad batteries are old hat though and we're all using NiMh batteries so it's not as great as a concern, but still it's good for the battery to be cycled between charged and discharged.

I would recommend purchasing a "fast" charger at some time in the future.  I have one made by TLP that has adjustable current rates as well as features like trickle charge (slow charge), fast charge, discharge, fast discharge and programs like discharge=>fast charge.

For about $30-40, it's a good investment for any airsofter who intends to use AEG's.

It's especially helpful if you have several batteries since you can charge them sequentially quite quickly.

Until you decide to buy one though, the provided charger *should* do an adequate job.

--------------
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 29 2008,02:30 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks for the info!

Tom

--------------
 Post Number: 17
Udo_Schaaf Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 29 2008,08:19 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey, Tom.

The battery Neo showed you is the model many of us are using in our guns.  Compared to the PoS that comes with the gun, you'll be amazed at how the rate of fire and longevity improves with a proper battery.  I bought two, but I've never seen one be used fully in a game.  The other battery gets lent out to those who forgot to upgrade their batteries :)

Here's the charger I have: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product....id=1224

Fairly reasonable in price and charges batteries really fast.
 Post Number: 18
Alban Search for posts by this member.
Obergrenadier

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 29 2008,12:05 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

http://www.shortyusa.com/ It's only $38 with shipping there.

--------------
 Post Number: 19
wellnitz Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 30 2008,18:04 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The battery I picked up, Intellect 8.4v 1200mAH, is from Precisionairsoft in Spokane Washington. Nice group of guys over there. Anyway, I have been looking for magazines for my MP 40 and have run into out of stock responses. I have only one at the moment but still need more for April 12th, Any advice?

--------------
 Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 30 2008,18:11 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I just ordered 5 at $5 each from www.airsplat.com

Tom

--------------
62 replies since Feb. 26 2008,18:09 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 2 of 7<<123456>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply MP40 Upgrades
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code