Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: MP-41< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 30 2008,21:10  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hurrah - I'm done (almost).  But 99-percent.  I have to open it up tomorrow and see why the trigger sticks somewhat.  But it is a minor thing and this is my favorite gun now.  Like my bio says.  :D

It has as its main part an AGM MP-40 upgraded with a steel spring guide and a M110 spring (1-step above the stock spring).  I have an 8.4 V mini and (2) 9.6 V mini batteries.  It really cooks with the 9.6 volt batteries and is wicked but maybe not so realistic as its rate of fire is like twice historical with the 9.6 V battery.

The mag pouches are Grigsby.  The gun was stripped and repainted silver and then painted black again and I think it turned out pretty nice.  Like I said, I am happy with it.  Tomorrow when I open her up again I plan to darken some metal in the right places on the gear box.  Some places you can see the silver gear box and that won't do.  It doesn't open up as easy as the MP-40's.  When my battery dies I need to get out an allen wrench and loosen the back and then the gun swivels open enough to change the battery.  No switch and no fuse either.  No room for them.  But everything is forgotten when you pick it up.  The ergonomics are amazing.  Much better than the MP-40.  This gun is handy as heck.  I can't wait to use it on a Russian.  :;):

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Udo_Schaaf Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 30 2008,21:55 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Very very nice.  Great work as always.  I can't wait to see it in action.  Similar to the PPSh, I really like the solid wood stock too.  They swing so much better.

Likewise the Grigsby pouches look sturdy as heck.  My left pouch (Cheap Chinese POS) blew apart at the Buffalo game.
 Post Number: 3
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 31 2008,09:19 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Oh - I saddlesoaped the pouches last night after the first pictures and now look at them.  These are really nice pouches with great leather.  The soap just soaked right in.

Ya know - I've never bought anything from Grigsby that I didn't really like.  But they have a communication problem at times and at others there is a delay and just once they kept my money for a lighter that they never sent.  I will still use them but understand that with Grigsby you need to plan ahead and get ready to be satisfied when it does arrive.

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 4
Rekkon Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 31 2008,10:32 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Otto got my MP-41 accolades in person, but I was wondering how much work this conversion took in total?  To the uninitiated (me), it seemed pretty straightforward.
 Post Number: 5
Garrick_Udet Search for posts by this member.
Unteroffizier

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 31 2008,11:03 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sadly, am I the only one drooling over the pouches?  Those look great Otto!  Much better than the cheapos I got from another vendor.  I'll have to look at getting some before my tan ones fall apart.

Oh, the gun looks nice too :p

--------------
 Post Number: 6
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 31 2008,14:56 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Rekkon - the conversion being my first for this type wasn't overly difficult but does require a lot of grinding and tolerances are minimal.  Also, it is important to make sure the nozzle and barrel mate tightly and not on an angle so some shimming might be needed depending on how you carve out the stock.  It did require welding too.  But not as hard as a Mauser.  I won't be making any more since this is a rarely used weapon and I don't want us all carrying them... just ME :p

Garrick - yeah the pouches are nice.  We're still swapping a magazine, right?  That would complete the project for me.

--------------

Post Number: 7
Garrick_Udet Search for posts by this member.
Unteroffizier

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 31 2008,15:14 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yeah, you can have one of my mags.  If you want a full complement I'd try ordering some from Boomarms, but with HK suppliers, who knows what you're going to get?

--------------
 Post Number: 8
wellnitz Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 31 2008,15:27 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Simply amazing work Otto, you have outdone yourself again Comrade!
Can't wait to see her in action soon!
The MP40 pouches look nice. I myself use Saddle Soap on the leather parts of the field gear. My MP40 pouch straps and my Y-Straps have both been treated with it. Spalding Glove Conditioner is also really nice for softening and preserving the leather. The leather straps on my Lost Battalions MP40 pouches were really stiff at first. I gave them a wipe down with Saddle Soap then soaked them with Spalding Glove Conditioner and  they turned out softer and more flexable. I would highly recommend using the Conditioner on any leather item you own, it does a great job preserving the integrity of the leather itself. Keeps edge fraying down, softens outer layer to take abuse and not become all scratched up.

--------------
 Post Number: 9
Rekkon Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 31 2008,15:43 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ersatzjack @ Jul. 31 2008,14:56)
Rekkon - the conversion being my first for this type wasn't overly difficult but does require a lot of grinding and tolerances are minimal.  Also, it is important to make sure the nozzle and barrel mate tightly and not on an angle so some shimming might be needed depending on how you carve out the stock.  It did require welding too.  But not as hard as a Mauser.  I won't be making any more since this is a rarely used weapon and I don't want us all carrying them... just ME :p

Come now, just because I ask a perfectly innocent question, does not mean I want one.  It is not like I have secret plans to build up a large collection of unusual WW II weapons or anything.  Haha.  That would be silly.  And expensive.  Yup.

*quickly leaves scene*
 Post Number: 10
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 25 2008,18:13 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

My machinist friend took the barrel nut on this and rounded it out for me as Boshman on the other boards noted.  The MP-41 did not have the hex shaped nut but it was rounded.  I think this is as close as I can get.  I also show the bottom view.  The MP-41 magazine is for pictures.  Thanks Garrick.  :)

--------------

11 replies since Jul. 30 2008,21:10 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply MP-41
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code