» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 2 of 9<<123456>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: MG-42< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 11
Unregistered

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 30 2007,19:38  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

When I was apart of the MG crew at the NY game that MG was dead on!!!. I would be happy to be apart of the crew anytime.

Post Number: 12
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 30 2007,20:43 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Hans Foltz @ Dec. 30 2007,19:38)
When I was apart of the MG crew at the NY game that MG was dead on!!!. I would be happy to be apart of the crew anytime.

So noted.  :D

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 13
ersatzjack2 Search for posts by this member.
Unteroffizier

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 03 2008,20:49 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Everyone will get a chance to play with it at some point even if it is only target shooting.  Right now Udo is the gunner.  He's the obvious choice considering his rifle markmanship  :;):

--------------

"Lebenspraum for more airsoft" - Franz
"My other car is an Sd. Kfz. 250/1
 Post Number: 14
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 08 2008,15:06 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Update today.  It arrived.  But the auto mag and tripod are coming in another package next week.  So there will for certain be a MG at the February event.  Josh, of airsoft corner wants me to do a review and when I get to it I will but not for awhile yet.

It shoots at 395-FPS (coke chrono and Josh's statements are comparable) and lays down withering fire.  I just got done testing it.  It can be up'ed to 450-FPS but I'll wait to see how this works.  395- seems perfect.

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 15
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 09 2008,23:24 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Okay - a safety video.  I want to be safe out there and we want the Russians to keep playing with us.  :D

First, let me say I have the MG-42 up and running.  It works great and shoots about 395-FPS.  The only box I'm still waiting for has the assault magazine and extra batteries for the gun.  As is, the gun holds about 200 bbs in a cup right under the lid.  Reloading is super easy.  Just lift the lid and pour.  Then close the lid and keep making life miserable for the bad guys.  With the assault magazine attached we'll have to do that less often.

Here is proof I have it.

The scope is real cool.  Everyone will have fun looking through it but it isn't very practical.

Here we are looking for targets and as you can see I spy a cardboard box creeping through the underbrush.

Okay next is the video.  It is short but it is important.  Don't get crazy when using the tripod and if you are on a target, move the gun a bit.  It absolutely doesn't move on its own and puts the bbs on the same spot each time.  They are going through two sides of cardboard and a full newspaper inside the box.  I know it isn't an untouched box but it is still stopping single shots.  You'll understand after you watch the video.  More training in February.  I hope I bought enough bio-bbs?

[IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums....MG]

--------------

Post Number: 16
neoptolemus Search for posts by this member.
Obergrenadier

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2008,03:16 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

WOW  :p

Looking fantastic!

--------------
 Post Number: 17
Udo_Schaaf Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2008,08:23 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm speechless.  This is going to be completely übercool.  With a capacity of 200 rounds, I think a loader is going to very important.  It's got me thinking about how I can conceal a loader in something slightly more period looking.  Hmmmmm.

The bad boy behind a sandbag emplacement is going to be a total pain for the Ivans to take out.  

Perhaps I should put another order in for bbs?  I can do so today if you think it's necessary.  How many more rounds should I get?
 Post Number: 18
Unregistered

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2008,09:10 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Looking so cool!
Let's make scope more practical by turning gun to 450fps(Ersatzjack said it's possible). Deployed on tripod gun must be more powerful than regular guns since it's less maneuvrable and not hendheld(in airsoft).

Post Number: 19
Erixon Search for posts by this member.
Obergrenadier

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2008,09:25 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wow. Nice!

--------------
 Post Number: 20
ersatzjack2 Search for posts by this member.
Unteroffizier

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2008,09:54 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ULRICH_VON_OFFENBERG @ Jan. 10 2008,09:10)
Looking so cool!
Let's make scope more practical by turning gun to 450fps(Ersatzjack said it's possible). Deployed on tripod gun must be more powerful than regular guns since it's less maneuvrable and not hendheld(in airsoft).

I think smg's should be 330-360.  That's a nice range.  But, this is a crew gun and should be higher which apparently it is.  I don't think 450 is bad.  I wouldn't go over that and if a middle ground of 420 could be arranged then that might be perfect.  If it is at 395 right now that's pretty good too.  Gosh, could I sound more ambivalent?

--------------

"Lebenspraum for more airsoft" - Franz
"My other car is an Sd. Kfz. 250/1
82 replies since Dec. 15 2007,18:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 2 of 9<<123456>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply MG-42
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code