Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 3 of 9<<1234567>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: MG-42< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 21
ersatzjack2 Search for posts by this member.
Unteroffizier

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2008,10:09  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Udo_Schaaf @ Jan. 10 2008,08:23)
I'm speechless.  This is going to be completely übercool.  With a capacity of 200 rounds, I think a loader is going to very important.  It's got me thinking about how I can conceal a loader in something slightly more period looking.  Hmmmmm.

The bad boy behind a sandbag emplacement is going to be a total pain for the Ivans to take out.  

Perhaps I should put another order in for bbs?  I can do so today if you think it's necessary.  How many more rounds should I get?

The magazine for it is coming.  That will hold 2000 rounds I think.  As far as ordering more rounds I think Otto has enough ordered but there are always more events and more ammo will always be needed down the road.  It's up to you.  You'll be using that thing behind SB1 and SB2 but SB3 is reserved for the pak.  In the SB3 scenario you'll be set up somewhere nearby to protect the Pak.  Yes, Gryphon better complete his PPSH's (run of 4) if the Russians want to have any chance.  I don't think they'll do all that well.

--------------

"Lebenspraum for more airsoft" - Franz
"My other car is an Sd. Kfz. 250/1
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 22
Unregistered

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2008,10:15 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

But can you make it 450?
If yes then don't waste time just do it!

Post Number: 23
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2008,10:24 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well I can make it 450 because the former owner said it works great with a 150ms (whatever that is) and I have one coming from him.  Since the gun is upgraded internally it can handle the spring.  But heavy springs mean a bigger drain on the battery.  Also, at 395FPS there is no limitation on firing up close.  But at 450-there would be.  (Not such a bad thing because if they get close you want to go to your hand weapons anyway as the MG42 is too clumsy up close).  I think for February 395-FPS will be in play.  If that doesn't work well I can upgrade it for April.  Glad you all like it.  Remember to keep your point of aim moving when squeezing the trigger on this one.  (Again, I recognize that at greater distances the bbs will seperate too on their own.)

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 24
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2008,12:50 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

BUMP - I updated the video based on my brother's input that it was too dark.  So I used daylight.  This one is lower resolution though.  It also shows me at my trigger-happy best.

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 25
Unregistered

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2008,20:42 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

*** out of topic: how can I get my 3rd PzGr signature done?***

Post Number: 26
Alban Search for posts by this member.
Obergrenadier

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2008,21:06 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

*faints*

--------------
 Post Number: 27
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 21 2008,16:34 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just a little update for April.  I picked up two accurate ammo cans (8mm) and this way we can keep one each with each MG eventually.  I also completed a string of ammo.  Very nice for pictures.  My friend is working on a second 100 rounds for me but then I will need another belt.  In the end it will be nice to have 200-rounds for pictures.

--------------

Post Number: 28
Udo_Schaaf Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 21 2008,17:48 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That looks awesome!  Simply amazing.  I sure wouldn't mind lugging the ammo around my neck too :)
 Post Number: 29
gryphon Search for posts by this member.
Starshi Serzhant

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 21 2008,20:44 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The MG42 is pretty much the coolest-looking LMG ever made.  Even the ammo belt is stylish.  The DP is a total clunker by comparison.  Talk about gear envy....

--------------
 Post Number: 30
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 22 2008,10:55 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Udo_Schaaf @ Mar. 21 2008,17:48)
That looks awesome!  Simply amazing.  I sure wouldn't mind lugging the ammo around my neck too :)

Glad you guys like it.  The ammo belt is pretty much for pictures Udo, but knock yourself out.  A little tip however --- when placing the belt around your neck, point the bullet end of the belt away the neck.  :;):

--------------

82 replies since Dec. 15 2007,18:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 3 of 9<<1234567>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply MG-42
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code