Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 612345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Pak38< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 15 2007,18:15  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

As you might all know, Steve and I returned this last weekend from NY with the Pak38 air cannon.  I haven't been reconnected to high speed yet but wanted to announce that this gun will be at the February event.  It needs some work to get it looking the way I want it to and I'll post pictures as I go, but I have no fears about getting it ready for February.  It will be capable of shooting nerf footballs and dried peas (biodegradeable you see) and if nothing else will make an excellent prop.  But I'm aiming for a pesky artillery piece.  No Georg, this is not the premiere I was talking about but a bonus nonethless.  I'll keep you all in the loop regarding it's progress.

PS - need a crew.  Two guys should do.  One could fire a rilfe or small arms while helping the gunner.  I plan to give this piece some freedom of movement and it will not be tethered to a compressor but have a limited self contained air supply.  Maybe 10-20 shots I hope.  The air compressor is a fall back position that we could use if need be.

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Alban Search for posts by this member.
Obergrenadier

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 16 2007,13:21 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I would be more then willing to help operate it, I've got my broomhandles, pistol or the "carbine". I know "carbine" isn't really a ww2 gun, but it will be my back up. Maybe the the far future I have an artillery Luger, to fit the part better. :)

--------------
 Post Number: 3
ersatzjack2 Search for posts by this member.
Unteroffizier

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 16 2007,13:38 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'll operate it with Alban too.  I think that we should also have a second crew of two.  That way one crew fires it during one skirmish and the other crew has it for different skirmishes.  It's a way to mix it up.  We should all be trained on the different crew weapons that we will have.  So, Alban and I will form the first crew.  Let's have two more volunteers for a second crew.

--------------

"Lebenspraum for more airsoft" - Franz
"My other car is an Sd. Kfz. 250/1
 Post Number: 4
Obergrenadier

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 16 2007,14:54 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good idea Franz, I know would rather have someone who own the pak38 to help me for the operating, so if something goes wrong one of you is right there to help. Better that then trying to go find one of you out in the field.

--------------
 Post Number: 5
Unregistered

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 16 2007,22:09 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey, how about me and Karl?

Post Number: 6
ersatzjack2 Search for posts by this member.
Unteroffizier

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 17 2007,02:10 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I don't have a problem with it all.  Like I said, it is good to have alternate crews for these crew weapons.  For one, we should all know how to operate the things.  Secondly, I don't think you're always going to want to use the same weapon.  Talk to Karl and if he is ok with it, then let us know.  Hey, what happened to your portrait avatar.  It was pretty cool.  I like the shape of your new one too butt.....

--------------

"Lebenspraum for more airsoft" - Franz
"My other car is an Sd. Kfz. 250/1
 Post Number: 7
neoptolemus Search for posts by this member.
Obergrenadier

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 17 2007,13:00 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I would definitely be interested, I love anti-tank weapons of all kind!

I had a couple of different panzerfaust prototypes, but I never finished the dummy heads, maybe I will get back working on those.

--------------
 Post Number: 8
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 17 2007,13:34 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yeah - Ulrich, where did the Avatar go?  It was a great shot.

Here is another picture of the Pak.  I will try and get a new paint job on her for February and will cut a muzzle break in the barrel.  I want to have some kill rings on the barrel and maybe a 9th SS logo on the front shield.  That and a self contained air supply for several shots away from a compressor will make her a threat.  Heh-heh.  Glad to see we have two crews lined up.

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 9
Obergrenadier

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 17 2007,14:00 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I know I was planning awhile ago to make a PAK 38 or PAK 40, the only problem is I have no trailer to hull in around in. Thus sitting in my barn and only being used when I have small matches at my house.

--------------
 Post Number: 10
Unregistered

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 18 2007,19:41 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

My bad. I'll put old face back. Hey! It doesn't really look like PACK-40...
It's more like the other 37mm anti tank canon from begining of war. I forgot what was the name of it.

59 replies since Dec. 15 2007,18:15 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 612345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Pak38
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code