» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 3 of 6<<123456>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Pak38< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 21
Unregistered

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 05 2008,09:29  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

At last big airsoft event in Wisconsin few month ago I saw maybe five granade launchers used alot during game without even any armor vehicles on it.
At least three of them were factory made for scenarium paintball games by some company producing paintball guns. Those matherf**kers were so good!
I saw few enemy squads were taken off by nerf rockets. Those launchers use CO2 cartridges or big CO2 or compresed air tank. CO2 cartridge is enough to make two shots. They shot foam rockets which could be boughtn in any Juel or W allgreens stores in toy dep. The lounchers so accurate and have good range and shot even through grass and bushes. I was really impressed when I saw them in use.
So we had rule-nerf rocket has kill range 10 feet(maybe 15 I don't remember exactly) easy remember and count.

Post Number: 22
neoptolemus Search for posts by this member.
Obergrenadier

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 05 2008,13:32 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think the Pak-38's muzzle velocity will be a lot higher than those launchers we played with making it difficult to use against infantry.

Also, in pics I've seen of gun crews they are usually well prepared for close combat with grenades and small arms.  It would be silly to use tungsten cored AT shells on infantry when you have a couple of grenades and fire arms to take them out.

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 23
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 05 2008,14:00 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(neoptolemus @ Jan. 05 2008,13:32)
I think the Pak-38's muzzle velocity will be a lot higher than those launchers we played with making it difficult to use against infantry.

Also, in pics I've seen of gun crews they are usually well prepared for close combat with grenades and small arms.  It would be silly to use tungsten cored AT shells on infantry when you have a couple of grenades and fire arms to take them out.

As far as velocity goes, Yes.  It is much faster than the panzerfaust.

As far as going to grenades and small arms, Yes.  First, it would be safe not to shoot at anyone within 30-feet or so, and second, they would be more effective.

The AT gun is getting broken down this weekend for a paint stripping and repainting.  I'm going to add a swing plate at the front by the shield at the bottom so that as you move the gun up to covering terrain, the swing plate will ride over obstacles providing the best pb protection for the crew short of sandbags.  It will also get a green paint job with a durable paint which I hope holds up.  I plan on cutting a muzzle break and adding kill rings too.  It should look sweet.  I'll post pics.

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 24
Garrick_Udet Search for posts by this member.
Unteroffizier

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2008,14:41 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey did you guys figure out the airtank for the cannon yet?  I have a 92ci 4500psi airtank for paintball that's not being used, the output pressure is 800-850psi.  I don't know how your compressor fills, but the output on this is standard ASA for paintball, the same as the larger C02 tanks used on some of the other rocket launchers mentioned here.

Let me or Udo know if you need it

--------------
 Post Number: 25
Unteroffizier

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 25 2008,09:14 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just an update... I've picked up all the parts for converting and regulating a standard Paintball tank (HPA or CO2) to a 1/4" air compressor male connector.  Then I thrashed the Regulator trying to get fancy with my work.  I'm ordering a new Reg today and should have everything up and running.  Otto or Franz, a pic of the air connector on the PAK would still be helpful.

--------------
 Post Number: 26
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 25 2008,21:42 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Here are the images.  The gun is a work in progress so don't judge yet.

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 27
Rekkon Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 26 2008,00:31 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ersatzjack2 @ Jan. 03 2008,20:02)
We just went on line and ordered 10 howlers.  What's a howler, you ask?  It's a nerf vortex football that screams thru the air because of some whistle insert that they utilize.  We'll have them for February and don't crap if it sounds like there is real artillery firing out in the woods.  Sssshhhh, don't tell the Russians until we fire the first howler at them.  Tee-hee.

From where did you order your Howlers?  I cannot seem to find the pocket sized ones in the states, and they are very popular with airsofters for use in M203s.  I would also like to acquire some for use in a mortar of some kind.
 Post Number: 28
Rekkon Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 26 2008,00:38 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ULRICH_VON_OFFENBERG @ Jan. 05 2008,09:29)
At last big airsoft event in Wisconsin few month ago I saw maybe five granade launchers used alot during game without even any armor vehicles on it.
At least three of them were factory made for scenarium paintball games by some company producing paintball guns. Those matherf**kers were so good!
I saw few enemy squads were taken off by nerf rockets. Those launchers use CO2 cartridges or big CO2 or compresed air tank. CO2 cartridge is enough to make two shots. They shot foam rockets which could be boughtn in any Juel or W allgreens stores in toy dep. The lounchers so accurate and have good range and shot even through grass and bushes. I was really impressed when I saw them in use.
So we had rule-nerf rocket has kill range 10 feet(maybe 15 I don't remember exactly) easy remember and count.

Do you refer to Op Round Up II last November at Apoc?  The launcher the one guy had was an Aliax MXK:
http://www.addictedtopaintball.com/store-p....26.html

I have one.  I will bring it to Porkhov if anyone would like to have a look at it.  Might also be a good excuse to fire it a couple times since I have not gotten to do so yet.
 Post Number: 29
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 26 2008,02:33 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Rekkon @ Mar. 26 2008,00:31)

(ersatzjack2 @ Jan. 03 2008,20:02)
We just went on line and ordered 10 howlers.  What's a howler, you ask?  It's a nerf vortex football that screams thru the air because of some whistle insert that they utilize.  We'll have them for February and don't crap if it sounds like there is real artillery firing out in the woods.  Sssshhhh, don't tell the Russians until we fire the first howler at them.  Tee-hee.

From where did you order your Howlers?  I cannot seem to find the pocket sized ones in the states, and they are very popular with airsofters for use in M203s.  I would also like to acquire some for use in a mortar of some kind.

I was duped and the aforementioned howler was a misadvertisement.  The pocket nerf rockets do not come with sound.  Probably just as well.  The sound part is a hard plastic insert.

--------------

Post Number: 30
Unteroffizier

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 26 2008,10:24 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ersatzjack @ Mar. 25 2008,21:42)
Here are the images.  The gun is a work in progress so don't judge yet.

Ok, based on those pics (without a measuring tape for scale) I am 99% certain either my 1/8" or 1/4" female compressor adapters will work.  

I ordered the new Reg yesterday.  Everything should be good to go.

There will be a coiled remote line leading from the regulator to the connector that's 24"-36" long depending on how much you stretch it.  You may want to start thinking about where and how you're going to mount the tank and regulator (1 Solid 'L' shape).

--------------
59 replies since Dec. 15 2007,18:15 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 3 of 6<<123456>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Pak38
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code