Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 2 of 2<<12

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Luftwaffe Field Division< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 11
ersatzjack2 Search for posts by this member.
Unteroffizier

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 25 2012,23:43  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Looks like a real nice garment!

--------------

"Lebenspraum for more airsoft" - Franz
"My other car is an Sd. Kfz. 250/1
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 12
wellnitz Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 27 2012,10:23 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Aldrich @ Jul. 25 2012,21:38)
Thanks!  :)  I still have a ways to go, but I hope to have this as my "display"  uniform for public events.  Or a fun alternate for some airsofting events.  My boots are fieldn-forest boots from fleet farm.  I liked their simple look and I hope to attempt to convert them into some "faux"-boots.  But that is a future project.

Public Events? Have you thought about coming to Iola? It would be neat to see you there.

Fieldn-forest, that's the company name; I forgot. They are the same as the boots I have then. Very comfortable and somewhat close to the early low boot model, I think the M37's. Basically there are three areas of the boot that do not match up with the M37, three speed laces instead of four, outer strip of leather along the ankle is not "straight", and of coarse the rubber soles. But other than that they are fairly close in appearance.
The first part of my conversion was I took a hot iron to the company logo that is imprinted along the outer sides of each boot, pressed it on and both virtually disappeared.  
The heat of the iron flattens or pulls out the leather and "erases" the oakleaf and company lettering.
The second part was removing enough of the sole in order to attain the right look of the German low boot. I used an electric sander and Dremel to do the job, very messy with tons of rubber dust. I have also added heel irons, which was not too hard, plus hob nails which was hard since the soles are rubber.
Then I dyed them black using Kiwi leather dye.
I'd like to find a decent pair of repro low boots like Otto and Franz's, but until then this model of Fieldn-forest works just fine.

--------------
 Post Number: 13
Fritz Moos Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 29 2012,07:03 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Paul,
 Excellent post!
 If you are willing, your knowledge of uniforms would be invaluable as our standards officer.
With respect,
Fritz Moos

--------------

there is room for all of God's creatures ... right next to the mashed potatoes
 Post Number: 14
Aldrich Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 03 2013,18:12 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Since I have been posting photos lately, I thought I would post some of my finished LFD impression to finish out this thread.  It is meant to portray what a soldier may have looked like when the LFD's were absorbed by the army.  Hence you see a mixture of new Heer gear, and the old Luftwaffe uniforms which they wore until the stocks ran out.

Feldblau:

With Faded Smock:

--------------
13 replies since Jul. 06 2012,00:25 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 2 of 2<<12
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Luftwaffe Field Division
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code