Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Gavin Militaria, WWII reproduction uniforms< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Aldrich Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 06 2013,12:33  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This vendor is a great place to search for affordable German uniforms.  Initially I was hesitant due to their low prices.  However, after receiving a few items from them I can faithfully say that I have been very impressed.  I have even heard speculation that they are the vendor Hessian Antique purchases their uniforms from.

Pros:
The wool tunic I have from Gavin is of a much higher quality than the one I had prior from Sturm.  The fit and construction of the tunic is much better and lacks the bagginess that the Sturm tunic had.  Additionally, after one event with the sturm tunic, multiple buttons were falling off and I had to re-sew them all on.  After multiple events with the Gavin tunic I have yet to have a problem, or even notice any need to re-sew a button.  The wool itself is a little rough and scratchy, yet this to me is a pro as I have read numerous complaints from German soldiers about the real uniforms.  Additionally I have bought their luftwaffe tropical pants.  They are of a good quality, though I did order a larger size to get the baggy look I wanted so I cannot comment on their exact pant sizing.

Cons:
Long shipping time and poor tracking.  My first item arrived within the speculated time yet the tracking option was confusing.  My second order took much longer but eventually arrived with no problems.  After working in a warehouse my guess is since they are a factory,  it's just a luck of the draw whether or not you place your order behind another large scale order.  I would not recommend the custom tailor option unless you are willing to wait a long time to get it.  

In short I would highly recommend this company for anyone wishing to find a German uniform for a low price.  Whether you are a beginner, or looking for a sturdy and accurate uniform that you can beat up without feeling too bad about it.

Link:

http://www.gavinmilitaria.com/index.php

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
The Legacy Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 07 2013,13:56 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good to know. I've toyed with the idea of ordering from them as well.

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
1 replies since Jun. 06 2013,12:33 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Gavin Militaria
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code