Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Torn E b radio project< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 17 2014,11:37  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I picked up a German WWII receiver for installation in the halftrack.  It will eventually have a battery box installed below it and the works will sit on a rack near the back door with an antenna visible at the back.  Evidently this one works but it will have to wait for a new owner to actually be used.  I just want to install MP3 music and sound effects in the battery box (which will be built empty and with a cover to hide the internals and this should give us some audio at campsites which really adds to an event.  While mostly a blank-fire build we'll enjoy it at select events in the future.  Here is a link showing how the battery box will be built.

http://www.mytornradiofud2modelproject.com/constru....eb.html

It will have a set of earphones hanging too but I haven't sourced them yet.  :)

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 08 2015,13:41 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Project completed 99%

Well the radio is done.  Now I need to mount in track and add antenna and ground wire.  Since this is a receiver only, the antenna isn't anything fancy.  The C.O. of 7th Panzer built the battery box and did superb work IMO.  He said he's making no more.  :(

Ken, the builder took me on a tour of the insides of the radio and showed me that the Germans marked all kinds of waffenampts and Wehrmacht markings inside their gear.  But that stuff is all hidden under the covers.

Eventually it will be playing some period music and sound effects at events.  :)

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 3
Fritz Moos Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 14 2015,10:12 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I am assuming that Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries", ala Apocalypse Now gunship attack scenes will be one of the musical selections along with German Soldat marching songs, rather than any WI Beer Barrel Polkas? :)
With respect,

Fritz

--------------

there is room for all of God's creatures ... right next to the mashed potatoes
2 replies since Jul. 17 2014,11:37 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Torn E b radio project
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code