Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Partisan gear questions< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
SDLopez Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 29 2014,07:31  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

In doing some picture research I have noticed that the partisans fighting against the germans on the eastern front traveled very light.  I see a lot of belts of ammo slung over shoulders, and grenades made by both sides dangling from clothes.  

What I don't see any of is a way to hold water, or even a bread bag.  And being that this is airosft I want to have both of those things, while staying in the impression

Where there civilian versions of canteens in this time period?  I could justify a german or soviet canteen easily but it would be nice to keep the civilian thing going

Also a type of shoulder bag or sack will be needed if only to hold extra mags and a bread roll.   Again, do you know what civilians would have had in this time period?

Boots:  Was all of europe using jackboots?

--------------
Number of fighting positions dug for airsoft : 2
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Rekkon Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 29 2014,15:56 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I am no expert on civilian gear of this period, but we do not have exacting standards for partisan gear.  Just about any sort of cloth satchel will be fine, though if you have an idea which faction you intend eventually join, you can always get their breadbag/canteen/footwear.  If you want something specifically civilian, I am sure there are things out there.  St. Cloud Mike has a Bota bag, though I do not know if he made it or purchased it.  Perusing the Wiki entry for canteen indicates you could use a glass bottle and stopper in a basket cover.

MOA partisans often carry MP40s and usually just sling MP40 mag pouches on their belts.  Rifle mags are small enough to carry in regular pockets, assuming you do not want/need to carry speedloaders or a BB bottle.

Our partisan guide addresses footwear, but we are pretty lax in that area as long as it is not obnoxiously modern.  Period footwear tends to suck.
 Post Number: 3
Aldrich Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 29 2014,20:05 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Partisans on the Russian front had lots of variation depending on their origins and where they were.  Some came from the remnants of scattered Soviet divisions during the first few months of the war who used a lot of their old equipment.  One propaganda film during the battle of Moscow shows Russian partisans picking up random Russian gear and winter clothing out of carts before sneaking behind enemy lines to stall the Germans.  In the Ukraine, many Ukrainians fought with the Germans for what they thought was the liberation of Ukraine.  As such you see them supplied occasionally with surplus German or captured Russian gear.  If you feel as though you are leaning one way or another, I would use gear from that side to supplement your impression.  There really is no correct configuration as Partisans frequently captured equipment as they went.  

As for shoes, plain-as-can-be leather shoes or boots are generally the way to go.  The plainer, the better.

--------------
 Post Number: 4
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 29 2014,23:40 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just remember if you are a Russian partisan carrying lots of German gear (as in any) you'll likely be summarily shot if captured.  If fighting for the German side and captured with Russian gear - again an untimely death.  We don't model this in the game but maybe you'll provide incentive for us to look at it more closely.  :p

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
3 replies since Sep. 29 2014,07:31 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Partisan gear questions
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code