Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: German Uniform, starting up< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Finn Mertens Search for posts by this member.

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 14 2014,15:20  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey guys, I would like to know where I could buy a reasonably priced m42 tunic.  I've checked ATF, but they only have it in the SS guise.  I've searched around, and all the ones I've found that are less than $150 (besides ATF products) look cheap and cheesy, with bad boxy shapes...I'd rather not waste my money on a bad tunic just to get my hands on one.

Anybody have any leads to some quality sources?  I'm willing to pay 150-175 max at this point, although that may change.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Aldrich Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 14 2014,19:19 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Gavin Militaria has good tunics, that is where I bought mine from two years ago and it has held up really well.

--------------
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 14 2014,19:28 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Man the Line is also a good place to look.  If you don't want to wait a month to get your product, Man the Line is the way to go over Gavin.  The tunic I bought from him did not come with shoulderboards so make sure to see if the tunic comes with them or not.  If not, he sells them elsewhere on the site for around 8.95 dollars a pair.  Make sure to get panzergrenadier green piping!

--------------
 Post Number: 4
Finn Mertens Search for posts by this member.

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 14 2014,21:38 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thank you, both sites are great!
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 15 2014,09:33 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Make sure to check out Man the Line's used item section as well.  They have a full set of German tunic insignia right now for a really good price.  If you have any questions on putting together a German uniform, or where to go to get the best deal/best looking products, feel free to send me a message.  I am happy to help!

--------------
 Post Number: 6
Fritz Moos Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 20 2014,19:30 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

A previous post mentions shoulder board pipping should be green for panzer grenadier
I had been told by another unit member that the white infantry pipping was actually allowed by special order for the 3rd PZG.
Can anyone more knowledgeable than myself chime in as to the veracity of that statement, and whether either is more correct Farb for the 3rd PZG?

With respect,

Fritz

--------------

there is room for all of God's creatures ... right next to the mashed potatoes
 Post Number: 7
Rekkon Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 20 2014,22:24 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I know we have some members with green.  The equipment requirements on the main page say white, but I do not know the context under which it was originally written.  Since the 3rd historically started as infantry, I have assumed that original members would have kept their white boards, but replacements assigned after it became a panzergrenadier division might have arrived with green.

My tunic is from Lost Battalions.  It has held up great but was not cheap.  That was also quite a few years ago, so I have no recent experience with LB products.
 Post Number: 8
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 21 2014,20:12 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I recall obtaining the information about the color of the shoulder boards from the 3rd Pz Gr website that was in existence a couple of years ago.  They were the blank-fire unit out in New England.  They indicated that they were allowed to continue to wear white shoulder boards.  Their organization has gone through some changes and I know the site is redesigned and omits some of their old information but if you look under their current uniform requirements they instruct members to purchase "white" shoulder boards.  Frankly you could make an argument for either.  In fact, you could not wear any as I also heard they liked to keep them off their uniforms in the field to save them for dressier appearance and we know how they snag on bushes in battle.  I'm pretty sure most of us wear white.  :)

http://www.3pgd.org/require.html  

Here is the link

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 9
Milwaukee_Airsofter Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 31 2015,10:35 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Where is a website that I can trust to find good camouflage German smocks?
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 31 2015,16:37 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

What you want to be careful for is the smocks with the really light, almost white, tan.  Spearhead militaria products suffer from this problem.  Also, you always want to order a size large, as the real smocks only came in one size.  I am assuming you are looking for standard army (or Heer) smocks?  If so:

Top of the line, and most expensive, would be SM Wholesale:
http://www.smwholesaleusa.com/ww2-ger....plinter
http://www.smwholesaleusa.com/ww2-ger....r-smock
http://www.smwholesaleusa.com/ww2-german/smocks/splinter-smock

IMA USA has a good rugged looking tan and water smock here:
http://www.ima-usa.com/german-....ge.html

Zib Militaria has some cheaper, but still good looking smocks:
http://www.zib-militaria.de/epages....45-0002
http://www.zib-militaria.de/epages....42-0001

Hope this helps!

--------------
10 replies since Dec. 14 2014,15:20 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply German Uniform
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code