[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Field Phone Help< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Rekkon Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 15 2015,16:02  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I have the opportunity to snag up to four of these field phones (and possibly wire) at Eastwind.  Does anyone know how close they are to WWII models?  The seller also has some Czech field phones if those are any better.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 15 2015,20:19 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I say go for it.  There are differences that some folks would complain about and if you check the web you should be able to see pictures of the wartime variant.  But overall, they are bakelite cases and the handset is cool looking.  Tactically you still have to string wire and they replicate the functions of WWII landlines.  You'll never hear me complain.  BTW - we have a set but no wire.  If you want to pick up extra wire and one less set of phones I'll buy some wire from you.  MOA would then still have the same capabilities.  Or go ahead and buy all three sets.  :)

Once you have the phones you have to buy one of those backpack spools of wire so we can replicate that scene from Enemy at the Gates.  You get to wear the rig and I'll play the part of the Soviet Sniper or perhaps we'll get Andre to do the honors.

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 3
El_Phantasamo Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 15 2015,22:00 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The commo wire can be had on FleaBay easily, as well as mail order surplus retailers.

Looks like fun, no more radios and twine in place of field phones.
 Post Number: 4
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 16 2015,05:56 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That is what I was thinking as well.

Otto, If you want one of the field phones, they are $50.  I will not know about wire until the event.
 Post Number: 5
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 04 2015,13:57 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Got the phones, but only a bit of wire.  I will be getting a splicing kit too.  One of the handset speakers needs a new mic, but that should be coming in a bit.
4 replies since Feb. 15 2015,16:02 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Field Phone Help
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code