Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 2 of 3<<123>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Swedish Tunic Conversions< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 11
Aldrich Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: May 22 2015,19:23  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

At the moment I am just planning on cutting up one of the tunics.  If I get enough spare fabric from it I may even try to make a m43 cap with the extra if I have enough.  At the very least I will have enough for four tunics total.

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: May 25 2015,19:06 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Almost done with the first tunic.  Four pockets sewed on, shortened the collar, shortened the tunic, and sewed on the collar litzen.  All I have left to do is to repaint the buttons and sew them on, sew on the shoulderboards, and sew on the breast eagle.  Here is what it looks like so far:

--------------
 Post Number: 13
ersatzjack2 Search for posts by this member.
Unteroffizier

PostIcon Posted on: May 26 2015,10:18 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Looks good enough for a loaner to a new recruit.

--------------

"Lebenspraum for more airsoft" - Franz
"My other car is an Sd. Kfz. 250/1
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: May 28 2015,21:37 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Final update.  The tunic is now complete.  I added the insignia and made an oberschutze badge to give it a little personality.  Here are the final pics:

--------------
 Post Number: 15
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: May 28 2015,23:41 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think that is a nice solution for an extra tunic for newcomers.  Good work.  :)

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 16
andre Search for posts by this member.
Hero Of The Soviet Union

PostIcon Posted on: May 29 2015,19:37 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Very nice.

--------------
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 04 2015,09:41 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Another one done.  This time a m42.  I think for the rest I will be doing m43's since they are easier to do.  Here is the final result:

--------------
 Post Number: 18
Finn Mertens Search for posts by this member.

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 18 2015,15:42 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Aldrich @ Jul. 04 2015,09:41)
Another one done.  This time a m42.  I think for the rest I will be doing m43's since they are easier to do.  Here is the final result:

Wow, that looks really good.  Nice job!
 Post Number: 19
Finn Mertens Search for posts by this member.

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 19 2015,11:51 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Aldrich @ May 22 2015,15:41)

You know, these, with a bit of work, could probably work as WWI German blouses as well...if you ever get into that.
 Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 19 2015,13:54 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

When searching for options on what I could do with these, I actually saw a few groups who did just that.  However, like you said, it would require quite a bit of work.

--------------
21 replies since May 01 2015,10:44 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 2 of 3<<123>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Swedish Tunic Conversions
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code