Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: German "dog tags" erkennungsmarken, How to stamp for 3rd Pzg< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Fritz Moos Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 02 2015,09:52  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I have studied the bewildering stampings of the German "dog tags" Erkennungsmarken every soldat was issued to wear on a cord around his neck.

It seems pretty straightforward that the information required was:
Personal I.D. Serial Number
Unit and Division Number
Blood Group

However depending on period in the war, unit and location this varied considerably.
Can someone post their 3rd Pzg erkennungsmarken stamping, either original or repro to help unit standardization?
Does it make any difference if this is hand stamped or machine engraved?

It goes without saying that our Russian foes, " killed them all and let God sort
them out later"  :D
With respect,
Fritz

--------------

there is room for all of God's creatures ... right next to the mashed potatoes
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 02 2015,21:28 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Fritz, we've been using a 4-digit (numbers) ID on the ID tags which you can use on all your personal equipment (so you can find it) along with unit designation.  I've stamped ours for the blank-fire unit as "1Kp 53 Aufk Abt". The unit as I understand it was the unit you mustered into the German Army with and so after a bit there would be lots of different ID tags with different units all serving together.  Hand stamping is what I have done so far.  They are fun item to add to your impression and now I find that I need to wear it.

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 3
Rekkon Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 02 2015,21:47 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I have one, but it remains blank.
 Post Number: 4
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 02 2015,23:52 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Rekkon @ Aug. 02 2015,21:47)
I have one, but it remains blank.

I'll be happy to stamp it for you.  Just bring it to McCoy and I'll mail it to you when done.  :)

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
3 replies since Aug. 02 2015,09:52 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply German "dog tags" erkennungsmarken
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code