Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: German Collar Tabs< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Aldrich Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 16 2016,20:37   Ignore posts   QUOTE

I have had a few questions about this at events and online, so I thought I would post some information that I have found on Collar tabs.  

Early War:
Before and during the early stages of WWII, m36 tunics were factory made without collar tabs.  When soldiers were issued a tunic, they were issued a set of collar tabs mounted on a dark green backing that matched the color of the m36 collar.  The piping on these tabs corresponded to the type of unit they were in.  Unit tailors would then sew these on to the tunics.  

Example:

With the start of m40 tunic production, collar tabs were manufactured in a single color "generic" pattern with solid green piping.  Since every unit used the same collar tabs, the tabs were sewn to the collar at the factory and had no green backing.  At the Front has these tabs labelled as "generic early war/panzergrenadier".

Example:

The m42, m43, and m44 tunics saw the addition of subdued tabs with gray piping with a subdued white background.  Late m44 models were simply printed on canvas rather than woven from thread.  These are commonly labelled as "generic late war", but would be on any of the tunics listed above.

Example:

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
0 replies since Mar. 16 2016,20:37 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply German Collar Tabs
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code