Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 2 of 3<<123>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Udo's recommended German kit< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 11
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 22 2009,17:40  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Udo_Schaaf @ Apr. 22 2009,17:01)
I'll show you my boots this weekend.  They suck.

Probably, they just need a little spit and polish.  :O

(notice the effective use of the new emoticon).

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 12
Udo_Schaaf Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 22 2009,18:37 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I actually kept my low boots brown for a late war look.
 Post Number: 13
wellnitz Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 22 2009,20:18 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Udo_Schaaf @ Apr. 22 2009,17:01)
 I've heard you go off on low boots before and you seem quite knowledgeable on originals. You won't be happy with ATF's low boots.  

That is way too bad. They do look close to the late-war low boots, at least next to an original.  
My biggest gripe was the six eyelets and lack of pegs, but if there are other issues then it might be a problem.

--------------
 Post Number: 14
wellnitz Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: May 04 2009,11:16 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Not too important, just an observation followed by a question.

I have finally found a tailor willing to work on my tunic since most in my area have "concerns" about the political nature of that time period and have had reservations in touching it. I guess "Screwball" from Kelly's Heroes said it the best, " Some of us have sensitive feels".
Anyway, because that is not my real concern.
I bought the jacket with the appropriate chest measurements, but the waist was too large, go figure, designed for large American bellies, I guess.
The tailor was confused by the different sizes in the tunic itself. She pointed out that most chest sizes match the waist, which in my position should mean a slight if not nonexistent fitting.

The waist was so large that the possibility of the tailor needing to cover over the back belt loops, even in the case of sticking with the historically accurate darts and stitch patterns, might be unavoidable. That is, without having to remove the front pockets, and restitch the whole front.

Has anyone else who needed an alteration run across this issue?

--------------
 Post Number: 15
ersatzjack2 Search for posts by this member.
Unteroffizier

PostIcon Posted on: May 04 2009,15:13 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

No.  Not as thin as you.  Never worried about tailoring.  In fact, the first tailor I went to was a Russian immigrant and she didn't mind my money at all. :)

--------------

"Lebenspraum for more airsoft" - Franz
"My other car is an Sd. Kfz. 250/1
 Post Number: 16
Panzerknacker43 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 04 2009,20:57 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think www.civilwarboots.com makes german low boots.  I bought a pair of WW1 german jackboots a couple years ago and they fit perfectly.  Also they have held up great, I haven't even lost a hobnail yet.  They are more expensive, but they are hand make here in the US to your foot size.  They have you trace your foot and send the measurements in.

Tom

--------------
 Post Number: 17
neoptolemus Search for posts by this member.
Obergrenadier

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 03 2009,13:31 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I thought I'd post my question here as starting a new thread seemed kind of indulgent:

Would wearing M45 Leibermuster trousers be acceptable to the rest of the group?  I want to get a pair since I love the pattern, but was curious whether everyone would be alright with them.

I understand that they'd mess up the impression quite a bit (seems Leibermuster got issued to some Jager units and Estonian volunteers for the most part), but I think it's a cool looking piece of kit.

--------------
 Post Number: 18
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 03 2009,16:26 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(neoptolemus @ Sep. 03 2009,13:31)
Would wearing M45 Leibermuster trousers be acceptable to the rest of the group?

My view is that if it was WWII and you wanna wear it and can justify it then it's okay.  I mean the Heer troops did get these late in the war and if you wore them to a late-war event that would be totally acceptable.  But I wouldn't want to see them at an early war event just the same as I don't want to see MP-44's at early war events or panzerfausts and the like.  But that's just me.  I think as far as our guidelines go there is a conflict.  The equipment guidelines don't mention the M45 pants as allowed but then in the authenticity guidelines it is indicated that if it is a decent replica it is allowed.  I think as long as you wear them to appropriate events you won't have a problem.  But they are sort of limiting.  If you stretched their use from the Bulge on (I know they were 1945) you might be able to get some use out of them.  :)  Just one mans opinion.  I would check with Garrick via PM for an okay on their wear at events.  BTW - who are you?  :p  

Oh, I agree - they do look cool.

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 19
Udo_Schaaf Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 03 2009,18:08 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I always dig it when people bring cool gear to events...even rare stuff.  Still, we don't want to make it a free for all.  They'd be great for Battle of Berlin/East Prussia type events.  Use your own judgment.

We've had events based in 41/42 and haven't kicked guys out for having "M43" tunics, but still...Leibermuster is pretty crazy/fringe stuff.

Edited by Udo_Schaaf on Sep. 03 2009,18:09
 Post Number: 20
ulrich_von_offenberg Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 03 2009,20:30 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well, we didn't even kick guys out for using AK47, G36, woodland pants etc...
So I guess M45 would be okay till our organization grows to few hundreds of people and gets more restricted and picky to the details as some serious reenactors.  Till then I don't see any big issue limiting people of using any kind of WW2 gear or weapon. And since people have "incorrect" items for certain periods then we may seriously switch to the priority of hosting late war events then everybody would be okay or perfect.

--------------
26 replies since Apr. 22 2008,10:39 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 2 of 3<<123>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Udo's recommended German kit
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code