Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: $20 wonder goggle< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Udo_Schaaf Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 18 2008,18:39  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Some of you were asking about the $20 wonder goggle that a couple of people were using last weekend.  These things actually have thermal lenses (two layers) Apparently they worked quite well after you ripped the foam from the top of the goggle.  No fog was reported.

If you need a cheap full seal goggle, it seems like a really good deal.  The size of the goggle sort of sucks for helmets, but other than that it's a best buy.

http://www.galls.com/style.html?assort=general_catalog&style=EW119

Edited by Udo_Schaaf on Jun. 24 2008,16:57
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Rekkon Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 19 2008,08:22 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

These were the first goggles I had for airsoft, and I did not realize how good they were until I tried others.  Even before I ripped holes in the foam last weekend, I had no fogging in most of the games I played over the last year.  I got contacts so I could try out some lower profile eye protection, and last night I went back to these goggles so I could consistently see.  With some anti-fogging spray, these will stay clear quite well.
 Post Number: 3
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 25 2008,21:40 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Here is what I did with the extra goggle sock they sent me when I bought a pair.

No... this is not a sneaky trick to draw attention back to the PAK38.  It's not sneaky at all.   :p

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 4
Garrick_Udet Search for posts by this member.
Unteroffizier

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 26 2008,08:17 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Otto I like it!  That's a great idea.  For travel you may want to wrap a few rubber bands around it just so it doesn't fly off on the highway.  Although it isn't waterproof, you may want to line that bag with plastic or something... got keep that barrel clean and dry!

--------------
 Post Number: 5
Rekkon Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 26 2008,09:39 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Nice, that looks a fair bit like actual muzzle covers.
 Post Number: 6
wellnitz Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 01 2008,08:06 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

They are nice goggles, a bit too big though. Just like Wolfgang was saying, mine only have fogged when it was super humid. Otherwise ripping the foam off the top and bottom really did the trick. The only issue is the way in which they fit with glasses and my helmet. My M35 is always pushing them down over my face especially when I am running, bending my frames. I think they would work better if I didn't wear glasses.
 So, I am going to do the same thing you did Wolfgang, pick up contacts and try something else. As long as full seal goggles are not always required I might just wear shooting glasses like Otto's, and keep the Galls for a backup pair.

--------------
5 replies since Jun. 18 2008,18:39 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply $20 wonder goggle
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code