Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 912345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Helmets!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Garrick_Udet Search for posts by this member.
Unteroffizier

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 22 2008,11:46  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

All,
For those of you looking for a Restored original helmet, I just picked up an M-42 from Germanhelmetsinc.com

Service was extremely fast, I placed the order this morning and got confirmation from the guy that it's in the mail today.

Total cost $220

Pics to be posted upon receipt.

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Unteroffizier

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2008,18:00 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I got my helmet this weekend.  These pics don't do it justice.

--------------
 Post Number: 3
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2008,19:00 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Looks okay.  It will look better after your get decals on both sides of it, and then camouflage it and get some chickenwire on it.  Oh... and I want a Kruez on the left side too.  :p  

But seriously, I like it as is.  The really important thing is how does it fit?  I hope that it fits nice.

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 4
ersatzjack2 Search for posts by this member.
Unteroffizier

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2008,20:18 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You're right.  The pics are horrible.  They really don't show any detail of the helmet but at $220 my guess is that it's a good one.  It's a good thing you specialize in airsmithing and pak gunning and not in photography. :)

--------------

"Lebenspraum for more airsoft" - Franz
"My other car is an Sd. Kfz. 250/1
 Post Number: 5
Unteroffizier

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 02 2008,10:01 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

:p

Yeah, well the room I took the pics doesn't have much natural lighting and the ones I took with the flash didn't look too hot.

As far as decking it out, I personally like the rough textured field gray.  I'll probably rub some mud onto it, but that's about it.

It fits great!  I have to say I was skeptical about getting a helmet since I like my M43 so much, but I'll be wearing a steel pot now during our skirmishes.

--------------
 Post Number: 6
Shady Cadence Search for posts by this member.
Grenadier

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 03 2008,10:19 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I ordered mine today.
I must say I'm impressed with the service so far, he responded to my initial e-mail in about 20 minutes.  I should have it by friday.

--------------
 Post Number: 7
Udo_Schaaf Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 03 2008,12:39 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ken is a super nice dude with excellent service and a very high quality product.  The guys here have heard me drone on and on about my feelings for original shells versus the Chinese reproductions.  There is no comparison.  Besides, after you feel the weight difference between an original and repop, your head and neck will thank you :)
 Post Number: 8
Shady Cadence Search for posts by this member.
Grenadier

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 05 2008,11:44 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Okay, first the good news;
The mail arrived today - WITH my helmet!  TWO DAYS!  Stellar service.  The helmet looks remarkable.  Truly quality work.

Now the bad news;
Due to the odd shape of my skull, my hat size and my helmet size are not the same!  A 7" hat fits me perfectly, but a 7" helmet binds on the back of my skull.  I could probably tweak it a bit and make it work, but I'd rather not.  I'm sure Ken will work with me on a return/exchange.

--------------
 Post Number: 9
Rekkon Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 05 2008,12:25 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Looks like it looks good Garrick.  I bought my cheap repro helmet before I knew about the MOA but got off easy when Otto hooked me on the 'covered with burlap' look.  Way easier than painting.  :)
 Post Number: 10
Unteroffizier

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 05 2008,15:38 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yeah the texture on it is great.  Much better than the cheapo repop that Udo loaned me last October (plus that one was way too big).

--------------
86 replies since Aug. 22 2008,11:46 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 912345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Helmets!
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code