Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 2 of 9<<123456>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Helmets!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 11
wellnitz Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 09 2009,14:18  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well, if everything works out, everyone cross your fingers, I should have my hands on one "M-42 with wartime texture" by next week. Ken is one awesome dude, to say the least! :)

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 12
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 09 2009,17:05 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wow!  That makes you, me, Garrick, Udo and Dietrich proud owners.  :)  Nice get.

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 13
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 09 2009,17:46 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I have sacrificed a complete original to make the deal, so fingers crossed.

--------------
 Post Number: 14
Udo_Schaaf Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 09 2009,19:22 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Nice!  Ken is a really swell guy.  It's a pleasure doing business with him.
 Post Number: 15
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 14 2009,13:58 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well, after sending Ken an original M-40 on Monday to seal the deal, my helmet as arrived! I know some of us have one of these beauties, but I had to post a few pic's.
"Fits like a glove."

--------------
 Post Number: 16
Garrick_Udet Search for posts by this member.
Unteroffizier

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 15 2009,21:10 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Looks great!  Now you just have to rub it around in some mud.

--------------
 Post Number: 17
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 16 2009,07:43 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Garrick_Udet @ Feb. 15 2009,21:10)
Looks great!  Now you just have to rub it around in some mud.

Yeah, it's way too clean! :)

After looking over it for any signs of the factory markings I finally found the batch/maker/size numbers on the rear inside rim...
 Batch Number /  Maker/Shell size
   Partial # (1?) (7?) 384                    NS 66  

Marking                          Firm                                        Location

NS          Vereinigte Deutsche Nikelwerke            Schwerte

(courtesy of, "Wehrmacht Helmets of WWII", Brian C Bell, page 11)

--------------
 Post Number: 18
Rekkon Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 16 2009,12:16 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Mud?  How crude.  I will of course have to present Wellnitz with his official Pioneer Helmet Burlap.
 Post Number: 19
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 16 2009,16:00 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Rekkon @ Feb. 16 2009,12:16)
I will of course have to present Wellnitz with his official Pioneer Helmet Burlap.

:D

I am not sure East Gruppe is using burlap.

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 20
Oberst Von Luger AKA SirVeilance Search for posts by this member.
Sir Veilance

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 19 2010,13:45 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I have three FJ helmets, one early war double decal, one without decals that is painted tan for the Mediterranean and one single decal in Normandy camo.  They are all repros, as originals go for many thousands of dollars!!

To finish off my Heer 3 PzGd impression I have needed a proper helmet. At the first Neillsville event I attended with you guys, the only German ground forces helmet that I had that fit me was a heavy duty plastic one that I bought some years ago. With a  Splinter A cover on it, no one knew :p

Recently I bought a repro M42 that fits me quite well, but the color is all wrong I need to paint it or have it painted to be satisfied with it or I could just put the Splinter A cover on it. Has anyone bought the proper Gray/Green paint for a helmet anywhere! I know aluminum oxide was added to the original paint to get the rough texture. I wonder if anyone sells it in a spray can ???

Also, I just realized that the "Spanish" helmet I paid $20 for, back in 1980, at a flea market in New Orleans, is really an original German M40! Yippee!! It was repainted though, in the prewar light green...I think it's called apple green, so I'll want to repaint it too. Although I may just whitewash it to have for winter battles. The only problem is that the original liner, which is in good shape, is a tad small for me. It is a 58 size liner. I plan on buying a 59 liner, for this shell size, which is a 66, but don't have the faintest idea how to remove the liner. I have tried to figure it out, but don't want to screw up the original 58 liner doing it. I can swap liners in an FJ helmet in no time, but am at a loss as to how to do it in an M40!

Anyone know how to remove a liner in one of these or know of a webpage that explains it?

Veilen Dank for any help!

--------------
86 replies since Aug. 22 2008,11:46 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 2 of 9<<123456>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Helmets!
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code