Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 9 of 9<<56789

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Helmets!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 81
ersatzjack2 Search for posts by this member.
Unteroffizier

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 17 2016,22:16  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Looks nice.  It's a lot lighter to wear though.

--------------

"Lebenspraum for more airsoft" - Franz
"My other car is an Sd. Kfz. 250/1
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 82
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 29 2016,12:55 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Finally... a helmet worthy of my head.

These are mine and Troy's helmets repainted and weathered by Jurgen of 7th Panzer for a Stalingrad period look. I'm very happy with them.  The M-35 is Troy's (was Steve's) and is a really decent looking repo while the other is an original.

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 83
Unteroffizier

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 29 2016,12:59 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Is the M35 on the left?  What's the difference?  They both look super nice. :)  :)

--------------

Post Number: 84
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 29 2016,15:28 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The 35 has finished edge where they roll the steel around but the 42 leaves it as is after the stamping.  42 is on the right when looking at picture.

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 85
Unteroffizier

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 29 2016,22:45 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks.  See, I knew that.  They look great.

--------------

Post Number: 86
wellnitz Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 30 2016,15:54 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Nice helmets Mike, I personally like the grey with the single decal. I weathered my eagle decal a while back, nicked it up a bit. Here is a post from three or so years ago I posted in German impression for beginners.
Helmet Reference.

M-40, which is a collectors terminology and not an original designation.

For those who want to portray early war to late war I would recommend the M40 model. I refurbished this one myself...
Grey with a textured finish. Single decal.
[/URL]

Mid to late war: M42.
I added sand to my custom blended grey paint and used a regular paint brush. Then I spray-painted on the tan-yellow paint. Note the scratched off decal impression on the left side...
[/URL]

--------------
 Post Number: 87
Aldrich Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 30 2016,21:16 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Those turned out really good! I like the camo on the m42 too. I keep on experimenting on a spare repro shell trying to get a "normandy" scheme but it just never turns out the way I want it to. I suppose I should post my helmet too:

The shell is a Finnish contract m40. I modified the original liner so that it looks just like the German ones from the outside, but underneath it is still the original Finnish mount. I will have to replace it one of these days.  That and give it a good application of dirt.

--------------
86 replies since Aug. 22 2008,11:46 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 9 of 9<<56789
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Helmets!
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code