Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 41234>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Soviet Uniforms & Field Gear, Check here first before you buy< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Panzerknacker43 Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 29 2009,11:10  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Here is a great site for Soviet uniform guidelines.  If you have any questions check here or feel free to email/pm me.  I would like to have our unit buying decent gear the first time, instead of something postwar first.  It saves money in the long run.  Also we may know of a better place to get something, and there are always lots of items floating around the unit for sale.

UNIFORMS

FIELD GEAR

The best places to obtain this stuff are from:

Trident

Ostfront

Collect Russia

But check with me first, we might have some stuff for a better deal than these places.

Tom

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
andre Search for posts by this member.
Hero Of The Soviet Union

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 29 2009,12:23 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sweet site. Those folks are serious as cancer about their uniforms, dang. No partisans in that lot. ???

Check out the Collect Russia  site they've got better prices then Trident . I'll probably pick some stuff up from them in the near future.

--------------
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 01 2009,23:29 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks to whoever moved this!

Tom

--------------
 Post Number: 4
ba64 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 20 2009,21:19 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I have alot of gold colored Soviet shirt buttons and some large gold Soviet coat buttons. 50 cents will get you enough to do a shirt and if you don't like the gold color, you can paint them "Pea Green".
 Post Number: 5
kalbs Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 30 2009,20:07 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm trying to put together a Soviet impression but don't really know much about their uniforms and gear.  This post is very helpful.

On the equipment page it says a czech M53 helmet will work if painted the correct color, what is the color code or can you suggest a Tamiya color to match?

I have 4 helmet like these, will they work if repainted with the strap changed?

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 30 2009,20:24 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I would say that those would work, it looks like they have the high rivets on them, so they are most similar to the SSh-39 model, which works for the whole war.  I would say leave them as is as far as paint is concerned.  One of the closest to the common russian green I have found is Testor's medium green (I think, I'll try to find the spray can I have and let you know for sure.)

For the chinstraps they should be cloth.  Its up to you if  you want to redo the liners on them or not.

Believe it or not wikipedia actually has some decent info and pics on the Soviet helmets.  soviet helmets

Hope this helps.

Tom

--------------
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 30 2009,20:47 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks Tom, I picked the 4 up from eBay for $51.00.  I have no idea on their size, I just hope one fits my big head.  I will change the straps but leave the liners alone for now.  If the color is close enough then I'll keep it.  I like the worn look.

My intial thought was that Russian gear and uniforms would be cheaper than german... I's not at all.

--------------
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2009,16:04 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Are there any stampings or markings on the inside of the shell?  I think there is a number on the stampings that tell what size it is and a year.  It would be either a 1,2,or 3 1 being the smallest.

Tom

--------------
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 09 2010,01:02 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Panzerknacker43 @ Jan. 01 2010,00:04)
Are there any stampings or markings on the inside of the shell?  I think there is a number on the stampings that tell what size it is and a year.  It would be either a 1,2,or 3 1 being the smallest.

Tom

There are both metal stamps and ink stampings on the inside of all my (4) M53 czech helmets.  All ink stamps have a set of cross sword stamps below above or beside the number.  Ink stamps at the front, metal stamps at the rear.

Helmet 1: ink stamp 38, metal stamp 18 (looks like an "8")
Helmet 2: ink stamp 2/55, metal stamp 8
Helmet 3: ink stamp 52, metal stamp 08
Helmet 4: ink stamp 2/57, metal stamp 08 (not sure about the "0", not stamped well.)

All shells measure to be the same size, 293mm from front rim to back rim and 250mm side to side.  Helmet 1's liner looks noticably smaller than the others.

Helmet 1 does not fit me at all.  I'm normally a 60 size but all others fit with the 55 (Helmet 2) fitting the best.  Also Helmet 2 shell metal seems more heavier duty than the others.  Color on all is a soviet olive green (looks good to me).  I'll chock up the weird sizes to Eastern block QC standards I guess.

--------------
 Post Number: 10
Oberst Von Luger AKA SirVeilance Search for posts by this member.
Sir Veilance

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 14 2010,02:38 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Is any of this stuff WW2 and are the prices any good?

http://www.soviet-power.com/index.php

I think this helmet is...at least they list it as WW2 ???

http://www.soviet-power.com/detail.php?pid=458

--------------
31 replies since Jun. 29 2009,11:10 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 41234>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Soviet Uniforms & Field Gear
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code