Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 4 of 7<<1234567>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: 6th Annual Fort McCoy _CoA_Redux, August 14-16 2015< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 31
ersatzjack2 Search for posts by this member.
Unteroffizier

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2015,13:09  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"Franz is working tirelessly on our submission".

You can say that for sure.  Mobile defence is a tricky thing to master.  After all, the Germans didn't do it until later in the war.  Yep, it won't be an easy scenario but I'll iron things out and make it fun.  We do want the Sunday game to be what they have been known for, lot's of fun.

--------------

"Lebenspraum for more airsoft" - Franz
"My other car is an Sd. Kfz. 250/1
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 32
Rekkon Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2015,13:17 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Expanded Bunker rules/thoughts:
*Infantry inside the bunker cannot be eliminated by BB fire, only grenades (one kills the whole position).
*Since the foundation has no roof, we will need a mechanism to limit grenade delivery to close range, so they cannot be easily hucked inside.  Perhaps requires grenades to be rolled in just over the edge or we can rig “apertures” through which grenades must pass.  Perhaps something simple like open cardboard boxes on the center of each “wall.”
*Bunker can only be entered/exited by a single marked “door.”  Perhaps use some spare flags.  We might want to build up this area to provide some cover just outside.  Perhaps Troy’s partial wall sections.
*The PAK is placed inside to make it an AT pillbox.  PAK can fire in any direction.  If we do not have the PAK, put at least two panzerfausts in the bunker.
*If available, put the AA tripod in the bunker with an MG.  This will be the only AEG allowed to fire from the bunker.  If necessary, we will limit the number of people that can occupy the bunker at one time, but restricting BB fire from it will probably do the trick too.
*Heavy mortar placed inside the bunker to give it self defense artillery.  Mega Howlers kill infantry in a 25’ radius.  Direct hits kill vehicles.  Hits within 10’ of a vehicle result in a mobility kill.  We will need a mechanic that incentivizes getting out to repair the vehicle rather than just returning to respawn as dead (limited vehicles lives)?  Disabled vehicles can still fire.
*Fence posts will be placed around the bunker and twine run between them to simulate wire.  Tie in with trees where available to stretch post supply.  Wire cannot be crossed; you have to use an existing gap or make a new gap.  “Wire cutters” will be issued to the Russians (scissors?) so they can make holes.  Ideally we make a full circular perimeter around the bunker, leaving only a gap to the rear for German reinforcements.  If this is not possible/practical, wire will be concentrated in the approaches most likely to be used by enemy infantry.
 Post Number: 33
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2015,13:19 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ersatzjack2 @ Jul. 21 2015,13:09)
"Franz is working tirelessly on our submission".

You can say that for sure.  Mobile defence is a tricky thing to master.  After all, the Germans didn't do it until later in the war.  Yep, it won't be an easy scenario but I'll iron things out and make it fun.  We do want the Sunday game to be what they have been known for, lot's of fun.

I am liking the sound of this.  Makes me think of the Germans lightly defending two points with a reserve force in the rear.  When the Russians attack one, a signal goes up (I am sure Otto would love an excuse to use his flare pistol again) and the halftrack rolls to the rescue.
 Post Number: 34
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2015,12:08 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Dark Zero is in.  I have German kit for him, though if someone has spare Y-straps they would be useful.
 Post Number: 35
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2015,12:49 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'll bring some Y-spare straps.

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 36
Unteroffizier

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 27 2015,14:36 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ok, I am done with the Sunday game.  This will require some set up so we will start it at 9am.  If the players get out there at 8am, they should have it all set up by game time.

The Russians are attacking a German defensive front consisting of a Pak position and a heavy MG position supporting the Pak.  The two positions are spaced so they can support each other but not right next to each other.  Each has a seperate respawn.  The German defenders have two lives and Russian attackers have four lives.  Exception to this is in the armor rules.

Armor rules - Russians have two lives.  If Natasha is killed twice, the crew can exit her and fight as infantry for an additional two lives.  German armor has four lives.  Both Russian and German armor are tanks.  No shooting at the gunners as they are immune to bb fire.  Tanks must be taken out with anti-armor weaponry.  Also, consider them to be grenade proof.  You can kill them with a bazooka/panzerschreck (one per team) or wurfmines or pak fire.  

Russian artillery barrage.  The Russians have a ten round heavy artillery barrage.  Assume big guns here.  Nerfs kill anyone unprotected within 25 feet.  Assume the Pak and Mg position are dug in though and if so, then only a nerf falling into the dug in position will eliminate the defenders.  Surrounding perimeter infantry though, should be fairly vulnerable.  The barrage once started must continue at a steady pace until all ten rounds are expended.  No firing one or two at a time.

Boundaries - Two of Rekkon's flags will be used to mark to the right and the left of the German defensive positions.  (probably about fifty yards or so)  If you go to the right or left of those flags you are out of bounds.  I don't want the positions to be encircled or outflanked from behind.  Assume this is part of one long frontal assault and swinging wide won't do you any good.  (Sorry Chris)

If a German position is overrun, it is lost and if the Germans assigned to it still have lives they may support the other position.

Battle ends at 11am.  Germans win by holding at least one position.  If they have lost both but still have lives they may counterattack until they are out of lives or out of time.

I gave the German armor more lives to try to give the feeling that the German armor was better.  Think Tiger/Panther tank here.  Time is 1943.  Oh... and the Germans will be fighting with interior lines.  Russians will have to wisely use their artillery and their infantry and armor will have to probe carefully without getting too decimated.

Looking forward to another good year.

--------------

Post Number: 37
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 27 2015,15:27 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Bravo!  A stupendous scenario.  I salute you Franz.  :D

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 38
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 27 2015,20:29 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ersatzjack2 @ Jul. 27 2015,14:36)
Ok, I am done with the Sunday game.  This will require some set up so we will start it at 9am.  If the players get out there at 8am, they should have it all set up by game time.

The Russians are attacking a German defensive front consisting of a Pak position and a heavy MG position supporting the Pak.  The two positions are spaced so they can support each other but not right next to each other.  Each has a seperate respawn.  The German defenders have two lives and Russian attackers have four lives.  Exception to this is in the armor rules.

Armor rules - Russians have two lives.  If Natasha is killed twice, the crew can exit her and fight as infantry for an additional two lives.  German armor has four lives.  Both Russian and German armor are tanks.  No shooting at the gunners as they are immune to bb fire.  Tanks must be taken out with anti-armor weaponry.  Also, consider them to be grenade proof.  You can kill them with a bazooka/panzerschreck (one per team) or wurfmines or pak fire.  

Russian artillery barrage.  The Russians have a ten round heavy artillery barrage.  Assume big guns here.  Nerfs kill anyone unprotected within 25 feet.  Assume the Pak and Mg position are dug in though and if so, then only a nerf falling into the dug in position will eliminate the defenders.  Surrounding perimeter infantry though, should be fairly vulnerable.  The barrage once started must continue at a steady pace until all ten rounds are expended.  No firing one or two at a time.

Boundaries - Two of Rekkon's flags will be used to mark to the right and the left of the German defensive positions.  (probably about fifty yards or so)  If you go to the right or left of those flags you are out of bounds.  I don't want the positions to be encircled or outflanked from behind.  Assume this is part of one long frontal assault and swinging wide won't do you any good.  (Sorry Chris)

If a German position is overrun, it is lost and if the Germans assigned to it still have lives they may support the other position.

Battle ends at 11am.  Germans win by holding at least one position.  If they have lost both but still have lives they may counterattack until they are out of lives or out of time.

I gave the German armor more lives to try to give the feeling that the German armor was better.  Think Tiger/Panther tank here.  Time is 1943.  Oh... and the Germans will be fighting with interior lines.  Russians will have to wisely use their artillery and their infantry and armor will have to probe carefully without getting too decimated.

Looking forward to another good year.

Where do you plan to run this scenario?  The range of locations where I will use my mortar is limited.  Rocket recovery is difficult enough in open areas.  Also, If the heavy mortar shows and we use it on Saturday, there might not be any air left.  I only have two tanks.

Individual "life" respawns are pretty suboptimal.  A better option would be a token system that feeds the entire team, and the attackers get twice as many tokens.  That way no single player can be quickly eliminated and have to sit out the majority of the scenario.
 Post Number: 39
Unteroffizier

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 28 2015,09:10 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I am considering two areas.  I want to relook at the terrain once I get there.  It should be open enough and armor friendly.  We'll consider the newer savannah area, possibly by the hill and if I don't like that we'll go back to the older savannah area nearer our camp.  

If we don't have air for the mortar on Sunday I will give the Russians another edge of some kind.  Perhaps an additional panzerfaust if we have one.

I'm ok with your token idea.  It can be utilized easily so we'll just do that.

I drew this up hoping for 18-25 players.  Otherwise I don't think it would work very well.  Gotta stay flexible.  If things change, we'll change.

--------------

Post Number: 40
Nightwitch Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 04 2015,13:51 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I may be in on this, after a crazy six month stretch at school.
60 replies since May 05 2015,21:07 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 4 of 7<<1234567>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply 6th Annual Fort McCoy _CoA_Redux
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code