Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 5 of 7<<1234567>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: 6th Annual Fort McCoy _CoA_Redux, August 14-16 2015< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 41
ersatzjack2 Search for posts by this member.
Unteroffizier

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 04 2015,19:36  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Fine.  We'll put you down for a firm "may be in for this" eleven days out from the event.  As an event organizer it would be nice to get some degree of commitment and the sooner the event is posted, the better.  It doesn't build a lot of excitement if I post 14 maybe's a week out from an event.  Sitting on the fence for these things may accomodate one's own schedule but does nothing towards growing our club and our hobby.

--------------

"Lebenspraum for more airsoft" - Franz
"My other car is an Sd. Kfz. 250/1
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 42
gryphon Search for posts by this member.
Starshi Serzhant

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 04 2015,20:12 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I have a scenario idea for after dark on Friday or Saturday, if enough folk are interested on either night:

The Cover of Night

Timed Scenario, No Respawns, Begins 30 min-1 hr after sundown, runs 1 hr minimum - longer if all agree beforehand.

August '44: Romania is about to fall, the Germans are in retreat everywhere and morale all across the Ostfront is shaky. The Germans begin the evening in camp, while the Russians set up a field HQ anywhere they like in the strip between the main entrance road and the railroad tracks. Before Game On is declared, each German must draw a card from a stack I will supply. No one else should be shown the card each German draws! If the German's card is black, he is still loyal to the Reich; if, however, the card is red, that German is secretly planning to desert by hopping a freight train sometime this evening. If a red-card German can make it to the edge of the railroad tracks and stay there undiscovered by either side until the end of the scenario, the deserter wins the scenario by escaping. The loyal Germans are under orders to rest in camp for the night in anticipation of a move in the morning, so they are tasked with posting sentries to raise the alarm to defend the camp and shoot any deserters if necessary, while the Russians are a unit of razvedchiki tasked with capturing one or more live Germans for questioning by any available means. No more than one-third of the total number of Germans in the camp may be deployed as sentries at any one time, although the sentries may be relieved by replacements at any interval the German commander chooses, and the Germans may also send out night patrols if desired. A Russian live-captures a German by sneaking up behind in the dark and laying a hand on the German's shoulder; the German then MUST surrender without a sound and accompany his captor back to Russian HQ unless one or both of them are shot in transit. Captured Germans may be rescued or shot as deserters by German sentries or night patrols at any time. The Russians win if they have at least one live German in custody at the end of the scenario; the Germans win if the Russians have no live prisoners and all deserters have been shot, or all of the Russians are dead. No respawns for this game - if you are shot out, return to camp for the night, keep your mouth shut, and try to stay out of the way of the live players.

BTW, I'll be there Fri-Sat-Sun for sure, while Maddy and a guest player are a maybe - sorry I can't be more definite regarding their participation.

--------------
 Post Number: 43
Nightwitch Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 04 2015,20:32 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ersatzjack2 @ Aug. 04 2015,19:36)
Fine.  We'll put you down for a firm "may be in for this" eleven days out from the event.  As an event organizer it would be nice to get some degree of commitment and the sooner the event is posted, the better.  It doesn't build a lot of excitement if I post 14 maybe's a week out from an event.  Sitting on the fence for these things may accomodate one's own schedule but does nothing towards growing our club and our hobby.

If you don't want me to be there, say the word.  Growing the club and the hobby is also not served by discouraging people from doing their best to attend in spite of busy schedules which prohibit definite answers.

In fact, I've changed my mind.  I won't be coming.  Life is too short to be spent in the company of people who don't want your company to begin with.
 Post Number: 44
ersatzjack2 Search for posts by this member.
Unteroffizier

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 04 2015,22:24 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Todd, your game sounds like fun.  Very original concept.

--------------

"Lebenspraum for more airsoft" - Franz
"My other car is an Sd. Kfz. 250/1
 Post Number: 45
gryphon Search for posts by this member.
Starshi Serzhant

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 04 2015,22:43 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Nightwitch, please come out if you can make it. We Russians would love to have you back in our ranks again.

--------------
 Post Number: 46
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 04 2015,23:56 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Gryphon - your scenario sounds like it will be very interesting.  I look forward to it.  I wonder what the moonlight conditions will be.  Clouds?  Hmmm?

Nightwitch - Steve's making general observations about an organizer's pet peeve and not directly remarks against you personally.  We barely know you.  I think you are reading an awful lot into his post.  You're welcome to show as Gryphon states.  In large, I think its generational.  I mean that's why apartment construction is up and single family home construction down.

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 47
Rekkon Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 05 2015,04:25 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I am still working on getting Adam/Stashless to attend.
 Post Number: 48
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 05 2015,17:26 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

For reference, it looks like sunset is around 2000.  Starting an hour afterwards and running for an hour takes us to 2200.  Keep this in mind when scheduling Sunday's scenario.
 Post Number: 49
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 06 2015,21:03 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

How are field conditions looking for pyro usage?  I can also bring some flares for signaling and/or night illumination.
 Post Number: 50
Fritz Moos Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 07 2015,06:37 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I will attend

Nightwitch, as others have said, you are a valued valiant member of our troop and are more than welcome and would be missed if you choose not to attend.

At the risk of being brought up on charges for gross insubordination I do sympathisize with Nightwatch that discouraging and critical judgement as to why our members cannot attend, does less to attract members and grow our great organization than someone's difficult schedule.

I seem to recall something about attracting with honey rather than vinegar :D
With respect,

Fritz

--------------

there is room for all of God's creatures ... right next to the mashed potatoes
60 replies since May 05 2015,21:07 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 5 of 7<<1234567>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply 6th Annual Fort McCoy _CoA_Redux
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code