Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 6 of 7<<234567>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: 6th Annual Fort McCoy _CoA_Redux, August 14-16 2015< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 51
ba64 Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 09 2015,19:32  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The use of flares on the fort may not be a good idea with the near by airport and Blackhawks that sometimes fly overhead.

If there are people in need of affordable Russian uniforms and gear...chime in soon. There will be items for sale that will be needed for next years Ostwind.

I will have a display of the gear needed for Russian heavy marching order.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 52
Rekkon Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 10 2015,09:46 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Flare use is of course conditional on field conditions and organizer/base approval, but Otto used some at a previous event.
 Post Number: 53
ba64 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 11 2015,07:39 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Support the Motherland!
Boris is looking for a turret gunner and rear door gunner for the armored car.  
The Russians will need some halftrack killers.
Men and Women of fighting age are encouraged to sign up now!
 Post Number: 54
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 11 2015,17:13 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

How are the numbers looking?
 Post Number: 55
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 11 2015,20:07 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Bleh.  Forecast in the low 90s, and a good chance we will get rained on Friday night.  Prepare accordingly.
 Post Number: 56
ersatzjack2 Search for posts by this member.
Unteroffizier

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 12 2015,10:08 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Fort McCoy 2015 Cancelled.

Primary reason is weather.  The forecast calls for clear skies, bright sunlight and nineties temperatures.  That's ridiculously hot and not conducive to safe play.  Furthermore, interest in the event doesn't warrant the cost in time and money in our view of transporting vehicles and equipment.  I apologize to those few who looked forward to attending but the interest just isn't there.

Attendance list for this event which was confirmed "I'm coming responses" is:

AXIS

Franz
Otto
Wolfgang
Matthias
Fritz
Dark Zero

ALLIES

Andre
Boris
Cpl Mills

To be fair there were several others that expressed an interest but we had no promises.  That makes maybe 10-12 players in all assuming no cancellations which with the impending forecast is pretty unlikely.

We also looked into the possibility of a venue change to Crane Lake where the temperatures are going to be mid-80's and accommodations are more readily available.  Also, the 222 armored car would be in play though not painted yet. But on such short notice, this is a poor alternative because it adds driving distance and again, we'd lose folks.

Hopefully this is enough advance notice for attendees to make other plans.  We will of course look forward to the next event.

On a positive note, at Iola, we made a connection with a landowner near Steven's Point who is considering sponsoring an October event on his 100+ acres and if anything comes of it we'll share the details.

--------------

"Lebenspraum for more airsoft" - Franz
"My other car is an Sd. Kfz. 250/1
 Post Number: 57
Willi_Dreier Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 12 2015,16:49 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Otto..Franz... look forward to next event invite..stay cool..heard Mosquitos are terrible up there too. Wilhelm D.
 Post Number: 58
Fritz Moos Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 12 2015,22:57 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Truck is packed, including braunsweiger, wasabrot,  bratwurst , homemade sauerkraut and field stove.
I just completed a second splinter zelt set and express shipped some loaner field gear and boots to Mathias.
My Maruzen P38 to replace my Tanaka Luger was delivered last Saturday to complete my sniper gear.

Worst thing is the wife made a double batch of chocolate covered Rice Krispie treats to share with everyone and now I am going to have to eat them all myself.  :p

I can either unpack or figure out where to invade :laugh:
Fritz

--------------

there is room for all of God's creatures ... right next to the mashed potatoes
 Post Number: 59
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 13 2015,13:47 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sad panda.
 Post Number: 60
Cpl_Mills Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 14 2015,23:03 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

90 degree is perfect weather for the gas/C02 guns, I was really looking forward to testing out the k98 in combat. :(
60 replies since May 05 2015,21:07 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 6 of 7<<234567>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply 6th Annual Fort McCoy _CoA_Redux
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code