Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 2 of 2<<12

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: A Time for Glory, March 18-19 2016< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 11
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 02 2016,11:50  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sadly this event is cancelled.  With only five participants and other intervening factors I would just as soon devote my energies to other pursuits.  The other intervening factors are insertion of an unplanned event in Big Lake, MN the previous weekend for filming scenes for an upcoming web series on WWII and the absence of the landowner on the weekend in question due to his departure on family business.  I wanted him to be there for the event which would have added creature comforts.  I plan to host in August at this site so we will have another opportunity this year and perhaps the 222 will be complete by then (it will be) and available to stoke interest.  If we get better participation (I could see hosting with at least 10-players to attend) then it will be game on.  I apologize to members who changed their schedules to attend this but I was expecting a better turnout and for the reasons already covered I just don't want people spending money and time attending an event that is so small.  Perhaps like a failed TV series, we've (MOA) run our course.  But August should tell the tale.

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 12
Cpl_Mills Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: May 02 2016,22:45 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well That is too bad. I would have gone and I know Tom would have as well. My job has brought me back to the area so it is easier for me to attend events vs before when I was living in AZ.

I think events should go on even with low numbers, there has been plenty of events I went to back when the WW2AA 1st came around that had some low numbers, but because of kick ass AARs, pics and vids shot at events it generates interest. Sure there will be a few events with the core people that make up this hobby, but we need fresh posts on boards glowing with how much fun it is to get people interested.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
11 replies since Jan. 31 2016,20:15 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 2 of 2<<12
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply A Time for Glory
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code