Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Tankco Custom Engineering, who we are and what we do< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Blitzkriegwtf Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2008,14:57  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hello everyone, My name is Will Foster and I am one of the engineers at Tankco Custom Engineering. I am a welder, mechanic, and metalworker with a passion for milsim combat. I have been paintballing my whole life but I am eager to play airsoft with you guys. I have built a half scale Tiger tank and other custom creations. The Tiger was a dream I have had since elementary school but it was finally built on a shoestring college budget. I had to compromise on many systems, the most evident is the plywood hull. 1/8" Mild Steel, my favored building material, was too expensive for me, so we jokingly call it "the plywood panzer." It has seen 1-year of paintball combat so far but the track and drive systems are in need of an upgrade. Like the plywood hull, our track/powertrain systems were built below par for budget reasons. We are now replacing the tracks with custom made steel ones. Same goes for the frame, hydrostatics, and axels. I am trying to become more familiar with the forums here so if I messed up my post, please forgive me. I am not the best with computers either, I build stuff instead. Look for tank pics and progress in the armory section.

--------------
Where Theres A Will Theres A Way
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2008,15:15 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Welcome to the boards at long last.  Just enjoy looking around.  I'm glad you are taking advantage of the site.  I speak for all our members when I say we are looking forward to your attendence at either the September or October event.   :)

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 3
Udo_Schaaf Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2008,15:18 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Welcome to the board, Will!  We were all naturally a bit disappointed as we expected you at the event in August, but we understand that mix-ups happen. Somebody with a Tiger is not going to have a problem making friends in this group :)
 Post Number: 4
Rekkon Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 05 2008,08:56 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Welcome Will!  Good to have you on board.  Those pesky Russians have had the advantage in armor for too long!
I suppose you can blame me for much of this since I dug up your e-mail address for Otto after he tried to guess it blindly.  :)
 Post Number: 5
Blitzkriegwtf Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 09 2008,00:17 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

We are finished with the hydraulic upgrades and we are rolling again!
The steel tracks are coming along too, we have almost all the material cut up and I am starting to weld links togther. Soon we will be battle ready. I have pictures but I am having a hard time uploading them with a post. I cant wait till the 27th when we get to battle it.

--------------
Where Theres A Will Theres A Way
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 6
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 09 2008,13:08 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Can't wait to see what it all looks like myself. It is going to be a long three weeks. ???

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
5 replies since Sep. 01 2008,14:57 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Tankco Custom Engineering
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code