Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Josef Metzger< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
CharleyNovember Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 07 2010,05:31  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Born in Stuttgart Germany in 1908 into a family of butchers, Josef grew up seeing Germany rise and fall during and after WW1 as a child. His father died in the war and he was raised by his mother. Josef's mother endured many hardships in postwar Germany and it left a bitter taste in his mouth. His mother spoke often and fondly of his father, and his uncle who had survived the war has went on to mentor young Josef in the family business of pig butchering. His uncle was soft spoken and never spoke much of the war leaving Josef to his imaginings of great honor on the battlefield and heroic deeds his father may have done.

Having lost his father Josef's mother was able to keep her son from joining the army early on in the war. However by early 1942 Josef was called up to service for the Fatherland. He was assigned to the 3rd Panzergrenadier Divison and joined his gruppe in April of 1942 near Moscow as they were held in reserve. Late that year as he was freezing and bleeding in Stalingrad he received bad news from home. His uncle wrote to tell him his mother had been killed in a November bombing attack on Stuttgart. The butcher shop and apartment he and his mother had worked in had received an almost direct hit. This news hardened him and he was one of the few members to survive the encirclement and destruction of his division.

He had put his civilian skills to good use during the Winter 42' campaign and wreaked havoc on Soviet lines at night with a bayonet fueled by his growing hatred for the allies. He had survived on an almost animal level while making his way back to German lines an older and darker person stained in both his enemies and comrades blood and consumed by a lust for revenge. áHe was becoming the man of the 1000'-yard stare. Despite that trait, his komeraden believe he has a lucky aura that they want beside them in battle.

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
ersatzjack2 Search for posts by this member.
Unteroffizier

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 07 2010,07:36 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Whoa!  Sort of dark but I like it.

--------------

"Lebenspraum for more airsoft" - Franz
"My other car is an Sd. Kfz. 250/1
 Post Number: 3
andre Search for posts by this member.
Hero Of The Soviet Union

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 07 2010,21:07 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(CharleyNovember @ Feb. 07 2010,05:31)
"enemies","blood" and "consumed by a lust for revenge". áHe was becoming the man of the 1000'-yard stare.

Sounds like a pretty scary game face.  :angry:

--------------
 Post Number: 4
wellnitz Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 08 2010,06:12 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Nice Bio Charlie, I like the dark over tone.  :cool:
Butchers by trade? Awesome! Another butcher amongst the Germans.
Funny thing is I used my old family name of Rech for my bio, they owned a few butcher stores throughout Germany way back in the day, pre 1900's. I thought some real family history would go good with it.

--------------
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 08 2010,07:13 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks fellas I hope to have a profile pic ready in a few weeks when my impression gets here.

--------------
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 22 2010,13:36 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wasn't sure where to put this please advise or move if i goofed up here. Most of this stuff was purchased from Udo thanks again man!

I have a few knick knacks to add to it but for the most part it is done. Looking for an MP 40 and a set of pouches for that but everything else you do not see is in the mail. I have some overwhites aswell that I will never ever use here in FL  :lol:

Some period like B/W photos:)

--------------
 Post Number: 7
Shady Cadence Search for posts by this member.
Grenadier

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 22 2010,13:59 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ja!  Das ist sehrgut!

--------------
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 22 2010,15:07 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Danke kamraden.

--------------
 Post Number: 9
ersatzjack2 Search for posts by this member.
Unteroffizier

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 22 2010,15:27 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good work.  Very good work.  You look like you've been in the field without a razor for a few days.  Much darker than your 82nd AB avatar.  Welcome again to the 3rd!

--------------

"Lebenspraum for more airsoft" - Franz
"My other car is an Sd. Kfz. 250/1
 Post Number: 10
Udo_Schaaf Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 22 2010,17:34 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Looking fantastic!  It's good to see some of my old gear put to use :)  It comes preworn.
17 replies since Feb. 07 2010,05:31 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Josef Metzger
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code