Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Torgersen Change of Sides< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Wilhelm Torgersen Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 09 2013,19:51  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Today me and my father had a talk about me reenacting as a German. He says "my father fought the Germans because of how evil they are". Are family has been so affected by the Nazis I am no longer to own anything associated with Germany except airsoft. I need to sell all my gear fast before I gets thrown away. I am able to reenact as a Russian and a American. If anybody can take care of my gear that would be a huge help. I will be posting on the for sale section for all my gear that needs to be sold. By the way if this is the wrong place to post this I am sorry.

--------------
"All wars are civil because all men are brothers"
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
wellnitz Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 10 2013,11:56 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Wilhelm Torgersen @ Apr. 09 2013,19:51)
Today me and my father had a talk about me reenacting as a German. He says "my father fought the Germans because of how evil they are". Are family has been so affected by the Nazis I am no longer to own anything associated with Germany except airsoft. I need to sell all my gear fast before I gets thrown away. I am able to reenact as a Russian and a American. If anybody can take care of my gear that would be a huge help. I will be posting on the for sale section for all my gear that needs to be sold. By the way if this is the wrong place to post this I am sorry.

While I completely understand and respect your decision, The Nazi Regime was evil, German people are not.
It is a sad fact that the Nazi's taped a deep antisemitic vain that had existed for hundreds of years in Europe.
French police rounded up Jewish citizens without hesitation, Ukrainians participated in mass murders of their Jewish citizens, Latvia and Estonia also played a role...

My Grandfather, who was born of two German parents, fought for the U.S. Army and hated the Nazi regime, but did not hate the German people.

Remember our history as American citizens. Our Army conducted genocide against the Native American Population for over one hundred years, killing men, women, and children. But we do not hate ourselves or our modern Army. Many of the key players, in the end, were Civil War Heroes like Sherman and Custer.

Also keep in mind if you decide to reenact as a Russian, Stalin's Soviet Union was responsible for around 40 million deaths. At the end of his life he had his eyes on the Russian Jewish population as his next target. Luckily he passed away before implementing any further actions.

I'd play it safe and go U.S. :)

--------------
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 10 2013,15:25 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wellnitz @ Apr. 10 2013,11:56)

(Wilhelm Torgersen @ Apr. 09 2013,19:51)

While I completely understand and respect your decision, The Nazi Regime was evil, German people are not.
It is a sad fact that the Nazi's taped a deep antisemitic vain that had existed for hundreds of years in Europe.
French police rounded up Jewish citizens without hesitation, Ukrainians participated in mass murders of their Jewish citizens, Latvia and Estonia also played a role...

My Grandfather, who was born of two German parents, fought for the U.S. Army and hated the Nazi regime, but did not hate the German people.

Remember our history as American citizens. Our Army conducted genocide against the Native American Population for over one hundred years, killing men, women, and children. But we do not hate ourselves or our modern Army. Many of the key players, in the end, were Civil War Heroes like Sherman and Custer.

Also keep in mind if you decide to reenact as a Russian, Stalin's Soviet Union was responsible for around 40 million deaths. At the end of his life he had his eyes on the Russian Jewish population as his next target. Luckily he pasted away before implementing any further actions.

I'd play it safe and go U.S. :)

I will be attending events just as a 2nd ranger for a little while but when I get used to the reenacting deal then I will go soviet. My father says "anything just not German and North Korean". We understand that Stalin killed millions of people just not as many as Adolf.

--------------
 Post Number: 4
wellnitz Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 11 2013,23:20 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Wilhelm Torgersen @ Apr. 10 2013,15:25)
I will be attending events just as a 2nd ranger for a little while but when I get used to the reenacting deal then I will go soviet. My father says "anything just not German and North Korean". We understand that Stalin killed millions of people just not as many as Adolf.

The jury is still out as far as who was responsible for more deaths, Stalin or Hitler.
Glad to see you are going with the U.S. 2nd Rangers for Airsoft, good choice.
I had to laugh when I saw the second sentence. "My father says "anything just not German and North Korean"."
Your Dad is a great guy who just wants the best for you.

I still say go U.S. for the reenactment side. No worries about multiple atrocities and mass genocide.

--------------
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 12 2013,07:15 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wellnitz @ Apr. 11 2013,23:20)

(Wilhelm Torgersen @ Apr. 10 2013,15:25)
I will be attending events just as a 2nd ranger for a little while but when I get used to the reenacting deal then I will go soviet. My father says "anything just not german and North Korean". We understand that Stalin killed millions of people just not as many as adolf.

The jury is still out as far as who was responsible for more deaths, Stalin or Hitler.
Glad to see you are going with the U.S. 2nd Rangers for Airsoft, good choice.
I had to laugh when I saw the second sentence. "My father says "anything just not German and North Korean"."
Your Dad is a great guy who just wants the best for you.

I still say go U.S. for the reenactment side. No worries about multiple atrocities and mass genocide.

Ok

--------------
 Post Number: 6
andre Search for posts by this member.
Hero Of The Soviet Union

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 12 2013,07:53 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Willhelm,
I appreciate you and your families feelings and am glad to hear this isn't the end of your airsoft hobby.

--------------
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 12 2013,15:21 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(andre @ Apr. 12 2013,07:53)
Willhelm,
I appreciate you and your families feelings and am glad to hear this isn't the end of your airsoft hobby.

Thanks and I will probably be changing my name to Pvt. Nelson.

--------------
 Post Number: 8
andre Search for posts by this member.
Hero Of The Soviet Union

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 13 2013,18:41 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Wilhelm Torgersen @ Apr. 12 2013,15:21)
Thanks and I will probably be changing my name to pvt Nelson.

You could be Pvt.Willhelm Nelson. :D

--------------
 Post Number: 9
Alban Search for posts by this member.
Obergrenadier

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 13 2013,22:02 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Heck if the Wilhelm is still too much, you could even be Pvt William Nelson. That would be a good British name as well :)

--------------
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 13 2013,22:12 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yeah I always was interested in British but you can't find any WWII English airsoft guns and a group around MN but the rangers are fine.

--------------
16 replies since Apr. 09 2013,19:51 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Torgersen Change of Sides
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code