Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: (un)introduction< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Fyodor Ivanovich Belov Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 14 2015,12:04  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Forgive me- if there's a better place to post this, I couldn't find it.

I can't remember the last Ostfront event I attended (last fall? last spring?) and I figured it would be good to affirm that I won't be attending any for the forseeable future, rather than simply disappearing.

This spring I finally finished college, and as a result I made the big move out to Omaha, Nebraska to start my "life". So, I'm working at Trader Joe's (mmm, cheap wine and specialty cheeses) and looking for a teaching job. Playing airsoft would still be fun, but I don't see it as something to invest time and money in at this point.

So, I wanted to say goodbye to you all, and thank you for some great times. I never played much airsoft with anyone else, so I guess I was spoiled by the great sportsmanship and accountability I pretty consistently saw at MOA events. I enjoyed the camaraderie around the fire and the interesting talk as much as the game itself- there sure are a lot of characters in the group. Ostfront events were consistently excellent, and I'm going to miss them.

But its time to move on. Best of luck to all of you who make MOA events what they are, I hope the group can expand its influence and attract new players. Having read through a couple of recent threads, I think the effort is necessary.

Thanks especially to Troy, who made the gear so accessible and provided many a lift to events. I really couldn't have been involved without his help.

Adios to everyone, and take care,

-Jordan
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
andre Search for posts by this member.
Hero Of The Soviet Union

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 15 2015,14:53 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Jordan,
Your enthusiasm and thoughtfulness will be sorely missed.
I hope you are able to come back to airsoft at some point as it's a pretty awesome hobby and you have shown a knack for it.

Good luck in Omaha.

Cheers,
Chris

--------------
 Post Number: 3
gryphon Search for posts by this member.
Starshi Serzhant

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 15 2015,23:17 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good luck and good hunting, Jordan. You will be missed.

--------------
 Post Number: 4
Aldrich Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 16 2015,08:39 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I always enjoyed the extra effort and creativity you brought to events.  It always really added a lot to the experience.  Good luck wherever you may go.

Matt

--------------
 Post Number: 5
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 16 2015,17:32 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Best wishes.  The Soviets will be hard pressed to find your equal.

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 6
Rekkon Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 16 2015,18:57 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Best of luck.  The Russians will have to find someone else to become angry and throw sandwiches.
 Post Number: 7
ersatzjack2 Search for posts by this member.
Unteroffizier

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 17 2015,09:26 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

When Mike and I were younger we were members of a bb-gun (metal bb's) club who did what most airsofters do.  Eventually that fizzled out and we moved on as our interests changed.  We did Napoleonics miniatures but computer gaming supplanted that and once again we moved on.

Jordan, your post is a refreshing first.  We've lost a lot of players throughout the years and never really get an explanation although I assume it is because interests can change rapidly (especially for the younger members).  Additionally, younger members face the life challenges of raising families and career obligations and can find that a hobby must go because of time demands.

You've been polite and courteous enough to register a proper farewell.  I salute you.  I wish you well in your new endeavors and enjoyed your participation in the MOA.  Yep, this thread was overdue and is a great way to say good-bye.  Thanks for creating it.

--------------

"Lebenspraum for more airsoft" - Franz
"My other car is an Sd. Kfz. 250/1
 Post Number: 8
ba64 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 17 2015,18:58 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Jordan,
It has been a pleasure! Good luck in Nebraska comrade.
7 replies since Aug. 14 2015,12:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply (un)introduction
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code