Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 2 of 17<<123456>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Introductions< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 11
neoptolemus Search for posts by this member.
Obergrenadier

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 17 2008,22:58  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Vapid, word of the day!

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 12
ersatzjack2 Search for posts by this member.
Unteroffizier

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 18 2008,01:37 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yes, Garrick is a talker.  Good sense of humor.  Cynical, wry, and lively.  Like your avatar and your quick little bio.  Did you do it or Udo?

--------------

"Lebenspraum for more airsoft" - Franz
"My other car is an Sd. Kfz. 250/1
 Post Number: 13
Udo_Schaaf Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 18 2008,10:33 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I wrote his little bio on Garrick's behalf.
 Post Number: 14
wellnitz Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 22 2008,19:23 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just sitting down to introduce myself to the group.

First off my name is Michael Wellnitz. I am 28, married for eight years and have one child,my Daughter Samantha. I am in the Natural Resources field, currently working toward a position in the Wisconsin Forestry Dept.
 Originally from Oregon, I now reside in Appleton WI.
I have been a WW2 history buff since first hearing my Grandpa tell stories of his service with the 2nd Inf. 9th Reg. and his service with the 4th Armored.
My collecting was also spurred by the large German flag he brought back from his last mission, which took place with the fourth Armored in Czech. We still have it, 1945 coffee stain and all.
My reading interest is with in the personal stories of the Soldat. Their side or perspective of the war. Sadly a side usually shadowed over.
I have been an avid outdoorsmen since childhood, hunting, fishing, hiking,etc.

Also, family genealogy is an interest of mine as well. I have traced back my Wellnitz lineage to 17th Century Germany.
The name Wellnitz refers to being from the State of Brandenburg. This was before the 1860's unification.
Most of the Wellnitz families hailed from Berlin and East Brandenburg. My great great grandpa John, who arrived here in 1881, hailed from the Berlin area. My great great grandma's family also came from Western Germany and were butchers by trade until the late 1800's.
I am new to WW2 Airsoft, or in other words, a greenhorn, and always open to positive feed back and advice.  
Looking forward to getting started!
Thank you For your Time in reading this.( I can be long winded)
Vielen Dank! Auf Wiedersehen!

--------------
 Post Number: 15
neoptolemus Search for posts by this member.
Obergrenadier

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 22 2008,20:28 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Welcome!

Looking forward to meeting you in April!

--------------
 Post Number: 16
ersatzjack2 Search for posts by this member.
Unteroffizier

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 22 2008,21:16 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Welcome to the unit Michael.  A butcher from Brandenburg, huh.. you'll fit right in.  Now that you've introduced yourself, think of a German name that you want to use for these boards and for your 3rd Panzergrenadier banner.  You'll start off as a Grenadier, of course and as we grow and if you wow  us with your fighting prowess and your unit contributions, you'll get a chance (small one) for upward mobility.  When you've thought of a decent name, pm Erixon on these boards and he'll help you get set up with a banner.  Your avatar will have to wait until you have a suitable impression but at least you'll have a name and banner and your posts will be more presentable.  Another thing that you can do is write your fictional bio which is also on these threads.  Read them over and write something similar.  Wow us with your creativity.  Finally, when you're done with your bio, write a real short version and send it via pm to Udo.  It will be used for when you click on your photo avatar on the main web page.  You'll see what I mean if you click on one of our photos.  Chime in on any discussion, work on your impression and weapon and we'll see you hopefully on April 12.  If you need stuff let us know because some of us have extra loaner stuff until you get it all.

--------------

"Lebenspraum for more airsoft" - Franz
"My other car is an Sd. Kfz. 250/1
 Post Number: 17
Udo_Schaaf Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 22 2008,21:30 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Welcome!  We're glad to have you along.  I too am a bit of an hunter (mainly upland birds).  

Looking forward to getting to know you, Kamerad!

-Udo
 Post Number: 18
wellnitz Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 22 2008,21:45 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks for the warm welcome! I am more than grateful. I'll try and keep up in the discussion area, I am a woodsman through and through what can I say.

--------------
 Post Number: 19
Rekkon Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 26 2008,00:05 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hails,

Ryan Voigt here.  I have been in contact with Tad and Todd after seeing the post for the Porkhov game on the WAA forum.  Chances are I will be applying membership from what I see so far.

I am approximately 778118441 seconds old.  Currently living in Thief River Falls, MN working for Digi-Key as a software engineer.  Been a big WW II buff for a while, and always tend to play as the Germans (just ask my friends how much I whine when they want to play a round of Company of Heroes as Allies).  Started in airsoft last June when our local group had their big Overlord themed event for the season.  Cursed the BA-64 last August at Codename Thunder.
*shakes fist*

Looking forward to meeting everyone in April.  Except, you know, that one guy, over there in the back.
 Post Number: 20
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 26 2008,02:44 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Rekkon - thanks for the introduction.  I am starting to think two squads is not a dream.  That will mean another NCO promotion.  Anyway, something to talk about in April.  I take it you will be Wolfgang Voight?  It looks like you have something to contribute so welcome aboard.

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
166 replies since Jan. 15 2008,14:24 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 2 of 17<<123456>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Introductions
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code