Page 3 of 17<<1234567>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Introductions< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 21
Alban Search for posts by this member.
Obergrenadier

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 26 2008,09:26  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Rekkon @ Mar. 26 2008,00:05)
Started in airsoft last June when our local group had their big Overlord themed event for the season.  

That won't happen to be with Fargo/Moorhead airsoft and the event was Operation Overload III, would it?

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 22
Rekkon Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 26 2008,10:31 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That it would.  The Grand Forks Hobbytown had a P90 that I picked up in May, and one of the guys asked if I was registered.  The roster was technically full at that time, but I somehow got on the German team.  Nothing like a small, controlled introduction to things.  :)
 Post Number: 23
Obergrenadier

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 26 2008,17:40 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

OMG!!! My dad and I were there also!!! It was my first real airsoft match, before that I was just with a hand full of friends shooting each other at my house. That was also the game I got interested into WW2 airsoft, 'cause two guys on the American team were in full uniform, small world I guess. :)

--------------
 Post Number: 24
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 26 2008,18:47 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The main reason I picked up an M40 field blouse was to better look the part at this year's Overlord.  I had looked with interest at such things before, but now that I have a job, I actually have money to do more than look.

Last Overlord was a blast.  Got shot in the face, chipped a tooth and my legs hurt for days afterwards, but I am obviously still here!  Hopefully we can attract you guys to Overlord again.  I know there were some unpleasant bits, but we are planning a lot of improvements that hopefully address the issues from last year.
 Post Number: 25
Obergrenadier

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 26 2008,18:56 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well I remember the one real unpleasant bit was the German who was a real sour-kraut, I think you know what I am talking about, right?

--------------
 Post Number: 26
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 26 2008,19:02 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I do, though I did not witness it personally (we were all huddled in the side area getting devoured by mosquitoes waiting for the Allies to sloooooooowly make their way down the trail so we could spring an ineffective ambush).  There will be separate, non-player refs this year.
 Post Number: 27
Obergrenadier

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 26 2008,19:29 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Funny thing was he opened fire on me, full auto from 5 feet away, and shot all the way up my back. I fall down to the ground, so someone could get a clean shot on him, next thing I know 20 of my guys shoot at him, and then he started his whole rant, even though he should have not been their in the first place, out of the area of operation and was near are spawn area...

--------------
 Post Number: 28
Kerrik13 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 27 2008,14:58 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey everyone,
I've been floating around the Ostfront website for a bit and after myself and my team has decided to do a German impression, I figured I'd get on the message board and become known.

My real name is Ryan Jopp and I'm the team leader for Wolf Recon, centered in Baraboo, WI. My team is sponsored by Airsoft Battle Zone (Armsdealer and his wife) and we play there in Fairchild as much as possible. We've been an established team for over 4 years, and we've finally decided to branch out a bit into the WWII scene. One of the members of my team speaks fluent German and studied abroad for a little bit and has always been interested in WWII German stuff.

On top of being a team leader, I'm also a certified Airsoft Training instructor in the Wisconsin Airsoft Association and an event coordinator (I currently coordinate www.operationvigilance.com and www.operationplague.com) and have worked with Todd Meyer and Troy Buddenhagen numerous times. I've wanted to work on a WWII themed event, and I'm in the midst of writing up an on-going campaign system which was originally written up for medieval combat games that I would love to see in a WWII setting.

I'll be there at the Springtime in Porkov game playing on the German side (my entire impression should be good to go that weekend) and I look forward to meeting everyone and getting to know the WWII regulars. I won't lie when I say I'm pretty WWII stupid, but I'm trying to emerse myself in it to learn as fast as I can. Really looking forward to being a part of the non-American WWII front.

EDIT: I forgot to add my "character" info, which could change once I learn more about the real army info and stuff. My character name is Erik Joppe (pronounced Hope-a), a Norwegian volunteer in the German Wehrmacht.
 Post Number: 29
Udo_Schaaf Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 27 2008,16:01 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Welcome to the boards!

I take it that you'll be fielding/organizing your own German team as part of the Wolf Recon group and not joining the 3rd?

Looking forward to seeing you guys in April!

-Udo
 Post Number: 30
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 27 2008,16:19 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Udo_Schaaf @ Mar. 27 2008,16:01)
Welcome to the boards!

I take it that you'll be fielding/organizing your own German team as part of the Wolf Recon group and not joining the 3rd?

Looking forward to seeing you guys in April!

-Udo

Yes welcome to the boards.  But Udo's comments are not really why this board exists.  If you are organizing as a different unit then you should interact with the 3rd PzGr on the WW2AA site under the G3 operations link.  That would be the place to say you are attending the Porkov event (I love the name)  :).  This site is for 3rd PzGr and 198th members.  So if you have no intention of joining up that will be our loss as you seem to have a pretty solid airsoft pedigree.  But don't let that keep you guys from doing a German impression and bolstering our numbers (the Germans, not the 3rd) at events.  If on the other hand you are thinking about becoming part of the 3rd Pz Gr then forgive me.  Heck we can use the extra people.  We want to have a second squad.  There could be some autonomy of sorts in that.  If you desired we could keep Wolf Recon folks together on the same squad.  That would be no trouble at all.  I vote you guys go all the way and join us.  But either way I look forward to meeting you in April.  Care to clarify your intentions?

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
166 replies since Jan. 15 2008,14:24 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 3 of 17<<1234567>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Introductions
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code