Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 3123>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Memorial Day (formerly Souvineers the Movie), MOA sends extras and vehicles< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Ersatzjack Search for posts by this member.
Obergefreiter

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 11 2010,09:13  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

For those that still don't know about it, MOA has sent extras in the form of actors, Otto, Franz, Wolfgang, and Boris and later Matteaus to Minnesota to assist in the filming of WWII segments for this movie.  Also provided were the 41' Ford and 38' Ford.  They were the true stars during our segment of filming.  It was great fun and happened this past weekend.  We were on set for 12-hour days from Thursday through Saturday and left Sunday morning to clean up our gear and catch our breath.  This all came about through Travis Jacobsen who has a speaking part in the film and we all wish him well with that. Matteaus is going to get a speaking part too but will be filmed later this year I believe.  Here are links to the story of the movie which is looking very promising and I hope you'll all enjoy it when it comes out.  As an aside, I also was contacted to support a similar small budget undertaking in Holland MI for the same weekend but had to decline due to the conflict.  That was a weird coincidence considering I have done nothing to shop my vehicles around for these opportunities.  Word travels fast in the reenacting community and possibly in the future we'll all have other shots at these events.

http://mankatofreepress.com/bigstor....-screen

http://wcco.com/entertainment/souvenirs.movie.mankato.2.1823436.html

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=861297

http://mankatofreepress.com/local....-Center
(This is a cool link because you see a pic of the 41' with Troy and Ryan on the running board.)

and finally, the movie link

http://www.souvenirsthemovie.com/

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Rekkon Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 11 2010,10:44 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I am Wilhelm now?
 Post Number: 3
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 11 2010,11:41 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Opps!  I wanted to avoid using Rekkon and took a stab at it.  Of course, you are uniquely Wolfgang.  Signs of my advancing old age. Correction was made by another "sleeper" moderator. :;):

--------------

"Oh... airsoft?; WW2 airsoft?... you'll love it, and the best thing is it doesn't cost much at all... just so long as you go the chairsofting route."
 Post Number: 4
Oberst Von Luger AKA SirVeilance Search for posts by this member.
Sir Veilance

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 17 2010,08:37 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sounds like fun guys! I like the shot, in one link, that shows  Wolfgang and Boris sitting on the truck!! SS yet!?!?

It looks like Rekkon/Wolfgang/Wilhelm got a great new avatar out of it as well!!

Who's halftrack is in some of the photos?

Did someone edit something out of the thread? I see nothing about Rekkon/Wolfgang being called Wilhelm?

Also...where did the  SS uniforms come from?

Sorry for all the questions...but this is just too cool that you guys got to do this!!  Congrats!!!!

--------------
 Post Number: 5
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 17 2010,09:03 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ersatzjack @ Aug. 11 2010,11:41)
Correction was made by another "sleeper" moderator. :;):

The halftracks are owned by two fellows in the 2nd SS.  One of them brought two FG-42's (Class - 3) to the set and one of them was SN-007 which was the bring back that Captain Winters of Band of Brothers fame brought back with him from the war.  It was errie handling that one.  It was captured at Carentan.

The SS uniforms were by and large extra stuff brought along by Travis.  He outfitted us.

--------------

Post Number: 6
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 17 2010,23:40 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Here is an update on this project.

Travis looks great in his speaking role.  I wonder if he'll get discovered?  Check it out.

http://mankatofreepress.com/bigstor....-a-wrap

--------------

Post Number: 7
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 17 2010,13:19 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

After the event at APOC, the following weekend of 15-17 Jan 2011 will see filming concluded for this movie back at Traxler's Hunting Preserve in MN.  They are filming Battle of the Bulge flashback scenes.  I heard last night that Matteaus will get a very cool scene where he gets hit by American mortar fire and is dragged off without his legs.  Matteaus has done that stunt for reenactments before due to his missing legs but this time it will be on screen.  I don't know if he gets any lines yet.  But at least he'll be recognizable in the movie.  Good work!

--------------

Post Number: 8
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 18 2011,10:44 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well final shooting for the movie Souvenirs wrapped up this past weekend.  The 3rd PZGr provided the former complement (minus my brother who had a family commitment) of myself, Wolfgang and that crossover German player from the 198th, Troy (Boris) B.  Along this time for his mortar casualty scene was Matthaeus.  Also, Shady Cadence (Dietrich Werner) make an appearance and slipped his nose under the tent.  Really... his initiative paid off.  The team behind the movie really liked that he had an MG-34 and in Sunday's filming he played a part in front line combat and might end up being recognizable in the movie.  They had MG-42's lined up for the shoot but no MG-34's.  Ryan had another scene as well with his blue eyes catching the attention of the stunt coordinator and he should show up again as a recognized player.  Troy and I will just be other soldiers running and shooting and probably not on the road to fame and fortune.  But the advantage there is we can now point to anyone unrecognizable in the movie and say, "hey, that's me."  They had a new trailer that they showed us on Friday night.  Awesome was how I felt about it.  Great scene of Bessie being strafed.  Here is some press on the weekend.

http://www.startribune.com/enterta....caEacyU

Here are some photos.  Now we just wait and see when/if we get called back for the cast party and if they sign a lucrative movie distribution deal that should happen.  Can't say when though.

Here you see the happy group of stars in the making.

Possible new avatar material?  Or not.

This is second generation FG-42 used in an attack scene.  This rifle I guess has never been used in a WWII movie so they made an effort to get it into a scene.  This one is special.  It is SN#7 and once belonged to Dick Winters of Band of Brothers fame.  It was pretty neat holding it but it made me nervous as well since I can' afford to replace it.  Sunday night, our team minus Shady who had to work Monday, cleaned most of the cool weaponry along with the owner and armorer of the movie.  We all got to handle and field strip and help out and it was fun. Being surrounded by four class III Mg-42's and a couple of FG-42's and three Stg-44's was pretty cool.  My Shoei experience came in handy as there are similarities between the Shoei and real steel Stg-44.  We were sitting in a pile of a quarter of a million dollars worth of weaponry.  Anyways...  It was quite a deal.  Someday maybe we'll get to do something like this again.  These opportunities do crop up from time to time in this and the blank fire hobbies.  :)

--------------

Post Number: 9
ersatzjack2 Search for posts by this member.
Unteroffizier

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 18 2011,23:17 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm back from Mexico and I'm glad you guys had a great time at the shoot.  Nice pics Mike.  Glad also to see that another 3rd PzGrn member got to be in the shoot.  Pretty disappointed about not being able to make it but glad that the unit was well represented.  Can't wait for the movie.

--------------

"Lebenspraum for more airsoft" - Franz
"My other car is an Sd. Kfz. 250/1
 Post Number: 10
Obergefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 21 2011,12:23 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

New photos up for the movie so maybe it is progressing.  Nice.  Here you see Travis being directed.

http://www.facebook.com/#!....theater

--------------

28 replies since Aug. 11 2010,09:13 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 3123>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Memorial Day (formerly Souvineers the Movie)
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code