Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 512345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Heer Media Discussion< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
neoptolemus Search for posts by this member.
Obergrenadier

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 08 2008,00:20  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This thread is for discussing everything seen in the Heer Media thread.

The first two images I posted (besides being the only ones in my photobucket account  :D ) are interesting because they show camouflage in use!

For the Waffen-SS, it's not particularly hard to locate images of soldaten all dressed up in smocks or camouflage uniforms, but considering the rarity of the Wehrmacht counterparts, it's a little more difficult to do it for the Heer.

What I like about the second picture in particular is that it offers a lot for somone completing their impression.  The smock is rolled so it doesn't go past the waist, there's straw liberally applied to the helmet cover's foliage loops, and there's a striking absence of visible field gear.

I think that only by viewing tens (hopefully hundreds) of images can you begin to assemble an impression; it's easy enough to buy equipment off a list, but you need to see it in the field to understand how it's used, how it's worn, and what's used with it.

With that being said, we need a lot more images

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Obergrenadier

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 18 2008,17:20 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I don't really have too much information on the last picture I posted.

As far as period, I can say it's August of 1944 or later, because the Panther in the background is painted in Hinterhalt, a pattern applied at the factory after a decision 8/19/44.

The equipment the soldiers are wearing is particularly interesting, and their weapons are sort of reflective of what we have.  

Just some food for thought.

--------------
 Post Number: 3
Udo_Schaaf Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 18 2008,17:30 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I love that picture of the squad in front of the Panther.  Here are a couple of observations about how we can better emulate their look:

- Get dirty.  We are way to clean compared to guys in the field.  Those guys look filthy.

- Wear your gear how you want.  The standards of where to wear your breadbag, shovel, etc were pretty much ditched in the field.  This picture and many that I've seen show an infinite number of variables in terms of how gear was worn.

- Lack of helmet covers.  I think helmet covers are one of the most over-represented pieces of gear.  The overwhelming number of pics I've seen show no helmet cover in use.

- Ignore everything I just said and do what you want.  The German army, like any army in the field, was far from uniform.  

Great discussion. I've got some great pics I'll try and capture digitally and post to keep the conversation going.

-Udo
 Post Number: 4
Obergrenadier

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 18 2008,17:52 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

What kind of magazine pouches do the two guys on the left with jackboots have?

They almost look like Russian submachine gun pouches, but I can't see the weapons they're carrying to confirm it.

Also, I guess it's kind of interesting that they're wearing jackboots in 1944!

--------------
 Post Number: 5
Obergrenadier

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 18 2008,18:06 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

For helmet camouflage, you can just affix foliage in a band around the helmet like the gunner did in the last photo I posted.

--------------
 Post Number: 6
ersatzjack2 Search for posts by this member.
Unteroffizier

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 18 2008,18:33 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Great pics.  Lot's of Mg's and a stg.  Udo is right you guys have to get dirty.  As your NCO though, I'll try to look a little neater. :)

--------------

"Lebenspraum for more airsoft" - Franz
"My other car is an Sd. Kfz. 250/1
 Post Number: 7
Obergrenadier

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 18 2008,19:17 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The winter picture is very interesting, I've seen several like that where it looks like troops are wearing impromptu winter camouflage that may have been requisitioned from civilian stores (sheets, table cloths, etc..).

--------------
 Post Number: 8
Garrick_Udet Search for posts by this member.
Unteroffizier

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 19 2008,10:55 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Gotta be careful with that, we don't want to look like Klansmen AND Nazis  :;):

All kidding aside, that's good since I probably will be outfitted in a target twin bedsheet set for the next winter event.

--------------
 Post Number: 9
Alban Search for posts by this member.
Obergrenadier

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 19 2008,10:59 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Personally I found http://rustybayonet.com/ or their ebay http://myworld.ebay.com/rustybayonet/ to be an awesome site, and they have some nice pull over whites, and a nice package deal on winter gear. :)

--------------
 Post Number: 10
ersatzjack2 Search for posts by this member.
Unteroffizier

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 23 2008,14:27 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good video Neo.  I see there are others.  Wish I knew what the speaker was saying but I can guess... propaganda - they're winning, etc.  Sure looked cold (Like Nashville)  :)

--------------

"Lebenspraum for more airsoft" - Franz
"My other car is an Sd. Kfz. 250/1
48 replies since Jan. 08 2008,00:20 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 512345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Heer Media Discussion
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code