Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Soviet Media< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
neoptolemus Search for posts by this member.
Obergrenadier

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 04 2008,17:41  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Obergrenadier

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 26 2008,12:33 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Taken from mp.net

This is the second photo I've seen of the assault armor some special troops received.

--------------
 Post Number: 3
Obergrenadier

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 26 2008,16:18 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Two more photos.

I guess the armor is called SN-42 and could protect soldiers against 9x19 (MP-40 round) at ranges of as close as 100m.

--------------
 Post Number: 4
Obergrenadier

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 27 2008,19:05 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Pictures from '44-45 fort he most part taken from Military Photos.  The posters provided no captions so I can't fill you in on anything more.

--------------
 Post Number: 5
Obergrenadier

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 23 2008,22:58 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I borrowed a wonderful Russian book from the library and although I can't read a damned thing, it has enormous pictures that I've never seen before.

Here's a teaser:

More later....

--------------
 Post Number: 6
gryphon Search for posts by this member.
Starshi Serzhant

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 24 2008,09:52 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

sounds like a job for Ulrich....

In your March 27 post:  Top photo looks like a crossing of the Volga in Stalingrad, second down is from Kursk, third could be anywhere in southern Russia or the Ukraine - they're wearing early-war tunics but that doesn't mean much, fourth is late-war summertime outside the USSR - probably Rumania or Hungary from the helmet on the burned out tank in the foreground, fifth is somewhere in the USSR around October just before the rasputitsa,  sixth is probably late-war Poland in the early spring, seventh is anybody's guess but could be Germany itself.

That next post is a cool pic, I've never seen it before either.  they're all officers charging that wire, in late-war uniform, and the setting looks like extreme southern USSR, possibly coastal - the way they're equipped, they look like HQ clerk-types flushed out of a bunker, those tunics look awful clean.

I could be totally wrong about all of this, just spitballing.  Google "Russian alphabet" and print out a letter chart - you could pick out placenames that way....

--------------
 Post Number: 7
Obergrenadier

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 24 2008,11:51 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ok the book is called "1418 Days"

Here's another picture of some telnyashkas up to dry!

The book doesn't really seem to have captions, but text blocks accompanying pictures divided into different chapters.

Next time we have a game I'll take it out again and bring it and some others so Ulrich can take a look.

--------------
 Post Number: 8
Obergrenadier

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 24 2008,12:08 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Urahhh!

--------------
 Post Number: 9
wellnitz Search for posts by this member.
Gefreiter

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 06 2008,07:42 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Soviet Shock Troop:

Three generations...

Female Snipers...

--------------
 Post Number: 10
gryphon Search for posts by this member.
Starshi Serzhant

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 23 2008,18:00 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

This link has summaries and/or translations of a large number of Soviet-era poems, novels, nonfiction works, and other literature:

www.sovlit.com

And here's my favorite Soviet-era poster site:

http://www.davno.ru/soviet-posters/propaganda/poster-04.html

--------------
12 replies since Mar. 04 2008,17:41 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Soviet Media
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code